PDA

View Full Version : PS Store Returns

SaintAvi
02-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Yes guys, the PS store is back online, at least in NA anyway, some nice surprises that await, including an Infamous 2 demo

the welcome back package has yet to be deployed from what I've seen, since
trying to download any PS+ content prompts me to buy a membership.

Anyway, have fun guys!

Dustin S.
02-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah all the welcome back content is "going through testing" right now...dont know what they need to test to make games free...

I was planning to buy stuff when it came back online but its a pain in the arse to do anything without getting an error, so I cant find the stuff I want. Other stuff is discounted for PS Plus so ill just be patient like always.

SaintAvi
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Things seem to be running smoothly currently, I actually made a purchase to test things out and it was butter.

As for testing, Im assuming it's to enforce the 2 freebies per person rule. Maybe linking
downloads to a mac address or something.

X_Racer1
02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Well it's definitely working, picked up both the inFamous 2 demo and the MotorStorm: Apocalypse demo without errors or slowdowns and the servers are working well as I'm downloading at the full speed of my Internet connection (about 1.3MB a second) so at least it was a smooth re-introduction. Now bring me my free stuff Sony and you're on the way to winning back my gaming dollars (physical media only though, I refuse to buy anything by download anymore whether it be Xbox Live Marketplace, Steam or the PlayStation Store).

Dustin S.
02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
According to Sony the freebies and PS Plus will be up "within a few days"

Now if only I could my finger on where I've heard this saying before.... :/

SaintAvi
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I think that now that the store has been reestablished we should see the freebies by perhaps monday or tuesday

SaintAvi
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome back package is live in NA and EU

X_Racer1
03-06-2011, 09:32 PM
After trying out both, I have to say the EU system is slightly better, with the EU system you only have to use one item to unlock your 2 free games vs. NA where you have to use the item, download your game and then repeat the process over again for your other free game. Although neither the EU or NA have worked well, I've repeatedly seen errors trying to obtain my items and it takes several tries sometimes just to get to the Store.

Although despite all the fighting, it ended up being worth it since I ended up getting Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD for PS3 and LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers for PSP with my Canadian account and using my European account I picked up WipEout HD + Fury and activated it's Plus subscription to get the free dynamic themes and avatars.

Dustin S.
03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I got all the NA games. I have multiple people in my house to justify the accounts haha

However my EU account needs a password reset and their stupid system is still down.

Dead Nation is friggin sweet!