PDA

View Full Version : New PS3 40 GIG Big Problem With Reading the Disk

ohb70
26-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Hello, Let me just say in advance, thanks to anyone who took the time out to read this post and help me out. I just received a 40 Gig PS3 for Christmas. I've had a PS2 for years and I know how to set the system up. I was very careful and read all the directions. I set up the video and system settings and inserted the disk (not the movie) that comes with the system after I updated the software to version 2.10. The disk contains trailers for games and movies and shows you how to set up your online account. It played for 2 minutes, froze, and then it said that the disk could not be read. After that no other disk would play in the system. The system is literally hours old and will not play any dvd, blue ray dvd, or Assassins Creed. I have tried different dvd's and cd's. The little cirlce in the corner of the screen just keeps acting as if it is still reading the disk. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to send this thing back to SONY. Thanks for the info and help.

NinjaSimon
26-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I can understand why you wouldn't want to send it back to Sony, (it being hours old and all) but it sounds like you're going to have to, that seems like a pretty serious problem, there should be a customer care line somewhere on the box or one of the manuals for Sony (which may be a little busy this time of year), call that and see what they say.

lloyd
26-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Can you not get the PS3 exchanged for a new 40GB at the place it was bought? If you can that would be the easiest thing to do.

MattZani
28-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Exchanging it at the shop is the quickest, but if it was bought online, call sony, they come to your door with a new PS3, and take your old one away.

lloyd
28-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Really?!?! 5+ points goes to Sony.

MattZani
28-12-2007, 09:32 PM
well they do in the Uk

rythizzn
28-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Here in the US Sony doesn't do that. I have the same issue with blu ray disc locking up in the middle of the movie and then will not recongize any blu ray disc after. I called Sony and was told to upgrade the system which I did to 2.10. After I did that it seemed like the blu ray disc was working until it locked up again. Called Sony again and was then told a package would be sent to send the PS3 back in. System was released too soon.

MattZani
30-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Its because the 40Gb has a different laser to the 80Gb and 60Gb, but still uses the same firmware, and it can mess up the Laser.