PDA

View Full Version : Infamous = Force Unleashed?

EIN
22-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Good lord, the similarities...
except its sandbox, so it might be better
Take a gander!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46974.html

TonySoprano
13-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Good lord, the similarities...
except its sandbox, so it might be better
Take a gander!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46974.html

If you mean just the lightning aspects, maybe. But I'd say Infamous is more like a mesh of GTA's sandbox gameplay with a karma system like something from Fable - I think it looks pretty cool. Definitely a major day 1 purchase for me.

I'm especially stoked now that they've moved up the release date by 2 weeks to May 26th... means I get to play it that much sooner.

tonzie
13-04-2009, 10:35 PM
WOW that's what i've realized. Even the cover of it looks the same, and the characters are scarily similar. thank you for piecing that together for me lol.

TonySoprano
15-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Eh, I think any similarities are a BIG stretch, other than the Force-lightning thing - these are two completely different titles. That's like comparing GTAIV and MGS4 because "they both have guys with guns".

However, if the guy in Infamous starts pulling out an "electricity-saber", I'm running the other way. :P

I still think it looks pretty awesome, though - and I'm going to pre-order it, because I read that if you do it through BestBuy or GameCrazy, they'll let you download the demo 2 weeks early.

machado4
15-04-2009, 10:30 PM
anyone else think the infamous guy looks like justin timberlake?

lloyd
16-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Lalz, now that you mention it, yeah he does. That's kind of a scary thought...

TonySoprano
16-04-2009, 05:52 PM
LOL... the "good karma" version of the guy inFamous DOES kind of look like a no-hair Justin Timberlake, just a little.

All the more reason to go evil - the more you play towards "good" or "evil", the more the look of the main guy changes, and the "evil" version is supposed to look like a bad MF - all shadowed skin and red veins and stuff.