PDA

View Full Version : Sony's big E3 surprise - what do you think it is?

Nick
14-05-2009, 07:26 PM
E3 2007 - Sony ended their conference with the very first gameplay trailer of Killzone 2 that pretty much shocked everyone.

E3 2008 - Sony concluded their presentation with the teaser trailer for their 256 player MAG.

Now E3 2009 is in less than a month. What do you think Sony's big surprise will be this year? Personally, I think it will be Syphon Filter PS3. We haven't seen a console Syphon Filter in quite some time, and the franchise used to be pretty big. Imagine a Syphon Filter using some of the animation assets from Eight Days (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-bdTT6lQTc)? It would be siiiiiiiiiiick.

SaintAvi
15-05-2009, 03:32 AM
It seems MS and SONY are clamoring to get in the motion control biz
so I wouldnt be surprised if they saved it for last, I'd think itd be a boneheaded move
since everyone can see it coming from a mile away, but I wouldnt be surprised

salamando3000
15-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Consider this more of a wish list...

- Upcoming PS3 update to provide PS2 backwards compatibility via software
- Final Fantasy 7 and the Final Fantasy themed LittleBigPlanet content available on PSN sometime during summer
- the oft-rumored PSP Go

ngdesign
15-05-2009, 07:48 AM
ill go for ps3slim

TonySoprano
15-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Some of the stuff that I'm thinking are possibilities:

- Some sort of motion-control thing
- The long-rumored PSP Go
- A PS3 price cut, perhaps tied in with a PS3 slim
- An exclusive Ghostbusters bundle (system/game/movie pack)

and if they announce a PS2 backwards-compatibility software update, I'll be stoked!

EIN
15-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Consider this more of a wish list...

- Upcoming PS3 update to provide PS2 backwards compatibility via software
- Final Fantasy 7 and the Final Fantasy themed LittleBigPlanet content available on PSN sometime during summer
- the oft-rumored PSP Go

1.) some ps3s out there simply arent capable of backwards compatibility due to hardware cutbacks... so a software update would do absolutely nothing
2.) FF7 is already announced on japanese PSN for console AND PSP
3.) possible

Jack_C
19-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm still holding out some vague hope of a price cut. Other than that, sure would be nice if they came out with the PS3 in different colors.

ogsalsal
19-05-2009, 02:35 PM
wat about gta being ps3 exclusive :) now that would put a smile on all our faces

m0tl3sl4y3r
19-05-2009, 06:44 PM
wat about gta being ps3 exclusive :) now that would put a smile on all our faces

that would be insane!!!

Dustin S.
19-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I kinda hope they fire back at MS, because MS always stabs Sony in the back at the end of their conference, its like tradition. ITs like "Thats all folks, oh wait we stole an exclusive and made timed exclusive for us, ok now thats all folks" Thats why it was kinda nice when UT3 was PS3 exclusive, even if it was timed, thats HUGE. Now take a look at all the amazing games coming out this year, Sony has so many knives sitting in their hands they just need to swing. Imagine the announcment "COD6 is timed to PS3" haha, man that be total ownage (NO IT WONT HAPPEN) but man id be laughing about it for days.

Still they have plenty of exclusives as is they dont need that. My guess is the BIG surprise will be PSP related, maybe a price cut or some feature added to it. PS3 big surprise will probably be game related, or online related. Hopefully some MMO style game that free and MAG beta unlocked during the show.

m0tl3sl4y3r
19-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I kinda hope they fire back at MS, because MS always stabs Sony in the back at the end of their conference, its like tradition. ITs like "Thats all folks, oh wait we stole an exclusive and made timed exclusive for us, ok now thats all folks" Thats why it was kinda nice when UT3 was PS3 exclusive, even if it was timed, thats HUGE. Now take a look at all the amazing games coming out this year, Sony has so many knives sitting in their hands they just need to swing. Imagine the announcment "COD6 is timed to PS3" haha, man that be total ownage (NO IT WONT HAPPEN) but man id be laughing about it for days.

Still they have plenty of exclusives as is they dont need that. My guess is the BIG surprise will be PSP related, maybe a price cut or some feature added to it. PS3 big surprise will probably be game related, or online related. Hopefully some MMO style game that free and MAG beta unlocked during the show.

it would be cool for them to do that but then again I wouldn't really want Sony to sink down to their level, because in my opinion, if MS needs to take shots at Sony instead of making themselves look better, then it's MS' fault instead of Sony's

SaintAvi
19-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Their big surprise is http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5322

I kinda wish it was not revealed in such a unceremonious way

EIN
19-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Team ICO? Jeez, they need a bigger surprise then that

SaintAvi
19-05-2009, 11:44 PM
It doesnt get much bigger than Team ICO, shadow of the colossus is universally
accepted as one of the best games of all time.

What could be bigger?

EIN
19-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Shadow of collossus movie?

Its coming...

But while I agree ICO makes great games, and they've been doing work for the last 4 years or so, that won't necessarily help sell platforms, which is what Sony needs to have going for it. A big surprise that would boost sales of gear for NON-hardcore gamers would be the perfect thing to unveil at e3... but thats just me

watched the vid too, nice find SaintAvi... ICO certainly has style

Dustin S.
20-05-2009, 12:13 AM
I honestly dont want Sony to jump in the casual gaming market at all, but thats looking to be what they need. Nintendo basicly unlocked the gates to casual gaming hell and flooded the market with them so that option is always there sadly.

SaintAvi
20-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Casual players and expensive high end consoles dont mix well, leave the casual junk for the wii