PDA

View Full Version : Why does Activision hate Gamers? aka Kotick

Dipchit02
07-08-2009, 04:26 AM
http://kotaku.com/5331849/when-an-activision-boss-jokes-about-raising-game-prices

why he keep making stupid comments? i just dont understand it and i mean it cannot be good for Activision so i dont know why he is still working there but i think if they do raise the prices of all their games in all the regions that people will stop buying their games

m0tl3sl4y3r
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
people probably will stop buying their games because of their higher prices, but It's their fault, not ours

X_Racer1
07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Activision has become what EA was, although EA still is far from perfect as far as I am concerned, they have made a few improvements but they have a lot more to work on before I'll buy from them again. But Activision is not getting my support although I never given them much support, in my entire video game collection I believe I own less than 20 Activision games and that covers Gameboy Color, Atari 2600 (Games like Fishing Derby, River Raid, etc.), PlayStation 1, 2 (2 Spiderman games, Activision Anthology, Tony Hawk games (not that I purchased them) and Guitar Hero 1 & 2 (which I again didn't purchase)) and 3. If it wasn't for Modern Warfare 2 I would say I'm not buying anything from them again but that one game is the only one I'll buy from them, damn you Infinity Ward, why oh why do you have to be associated with Activision.

Dipchit02
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
lol yeah i probably only own like 5 games from activision and MW and World Tour are the only ones i can think of right

m0tl3sl4y3r
07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
the only Activision game that I can think of that I own is Modern Warfare and I will own Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out because I've pre-ordered it

Dustin S.
07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Modern Warfare doesnt count, Infinity Ward is stuck under Activisions control so its not fair to judge lol. With that being said i only own the older tony hawk games and thats it from activision.

Most of their sales come from casual gamers. Thus wii and stupid rythm games on PS3 and 360.

trediddy
08-08-2009, 04:48 AM
i only own modern warfare the guitar hero game and tony hawk which i dont really like much since skate is out

m0tl3sl4y3r
08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Modern Warfare doesnt count, Infinity Ward is stuck under Activisions control so its not fair to judge lol. With that being said i only own the older tony hawk games and thats it from activision.

Most of their sales come from casual gamers. Thus wii and stupid rythm games on PS3 and 360.

okay, then I don't own any games that count, since I don't really like rhythm games all that much and u say Modern Warfare doesn't count

Nick
08-08-2009, 08:42 PM
lol, I thought it was a pretty funny comment when he said it during the call.

Jordan
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
It's not that he hates gamers it's just that he loves money. Unfortunately for us gamers he's very capitalistic like a good ceo should be.

X_Racer1
10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Oh he definitely loves his money, Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5333604/ever-wonder-how-much-activision-honcho-made-last-year) just revealed his salary in 2008, almost $900,000 in base salary, $5,000,000 bonus, $6,000,000 in option awards, and another $3,000,000 and something in non-equity incentive compensation for a total of $14,950,102. Can we say overpaid.

Dipchit02
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh he definitely loves his money, Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5333604/ever-wonder-how-much-activision-honcho-made-last-year) just revealed his salary in 2008, almost $900,000 in base salary, $5,000,000 bonus, $6,000,000 in option awards, and another $3,000,000 and something in non-equity incentive compensation for a total of $14,950,102. Can we say overpaid.

i doubt he is making 14 million a year but really even 4 million is way to much especially with the bad reputation he is giving the company with all his stupid comments

Dustin S.
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok decided i no longer want to make the games or anything, im going straight to CEO lol. This isnt the first time ive heard of an overpaid CEO, not only that but a CEO that doesnt belong. GM anyone? lol

Keep giving him raises! Sooner or later people will stop buying the stupid periphal games and they wont have any way to pay him.

X_Racer1
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Then they will get to the point where they will say they will work for a $1 a year while still collecting the same bonuses and other "benefits", it's how all CEO's make their money, their base salary is nothing compared to what they get in incentives, bonuses and expenses. Google execs apparently work for $1 a year but have 18 billion in net worth due to stock assets, etc.

Dipchit02
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok decided i no longer want to make the games or anything, im going straight to CEO lol. This isnt the first time ive heard of an overpaid CEO, not only that but a CEO that doesnt belong. GM anyone? lol

Keep giving him raises! Sooner or later people will stop buying the stupid periphal games and they wont have any way to pay him.

yeah we can only hope that people will quit buying their games and then they cant pay him anything

Dustin S.
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Google at least knows how to run things properly. They never attack anyone and usually do their own thing. They "abuse" Microsoft by releasing competing products, but they never go as far as saying "we are gonna charge you more because we can!" They also got to the top by earning it, inventing things, innovating things, marketing the right area's and what not. Activision got to the top by raping the Wii and coming up with the biggest gimmick in history Guitar Hero.

The reason i say that is Harmonix had the biggest selling game on the market with the biggest title on the market, but they didnt like working with Activision because they couldn't innovate or take risks on new ideas. They go to EA and make Rock Band, take Rock Band even further, and now GH has World Tour....I just wonder why Infinity Ward doesnt leave too. They tried to erase COD off Modern Warfare 2, but Activision wouldn't let them. Why? They want them to be stuck to the COD name so they cant venture off.

People are getting mad already and the word is spreading fast. If they screw up something at gamescom or anything it will go even faster. Next thing you know people talk about it in stores and it hits the general public. It sucks that one man can ruin history (COD MW2 was on the road to being the biggest release title in history) It still is, but alot of canceled pre-orders are happening.

glen421
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
This guy is a big jerk. I see him in finacne magazines all the time saying he hates games and never plays them.

Could you image if Bill Gates said he hates PC users? People would throw there PC's out the window.(Though it would be good for Apple.)

My sin here is that I pre ordered MW2. I should cancel. Gamers need to unite and boycott this guy.

Dustin S.
10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I think even if your planning to buy MW2, I say cancel the pre-order anyways. If alot of them get canceled it will trigger an alarm at Activision and something will be done.

Dipchit02
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
lol yeah that would be awesome if Gates came out and said i hate PCs and i ONLY use Apple stuff lol what a loser (Kotick not Gates)

X_Racer1
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I would rather see Steve Jobs say, I only use PC's so I can avoid all the controls Apple puts on their products but a boycott of the pre-orders should start happening, teach Activision a lesson on screwing with gamers, I mean we already have a boycott on L4D2 and that was for simply bringing the game out to early, Activision wants to force Guitar Hero after Guitar Hero down our throats, along with DJ Hero, another Tony Hawk game and ridiculously priced limited editions of MW2 along with all the trash talk from Kotick, there the ones that really deserve a boycott although Valve isn't perfect either, but for different reasons.

m0tl3sl4y3r
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I would rather see Steve Jobs say, I only use PC's so I can avoid all the controls Apple puts on their products but a boycott of the pre-orders should start happening, teach Activision a lesson on screwing with gamers, I mean we already have a boycott on L4D2 and that was for simply bringing the game out to early, Activision wants to force Guitar Hero after Guitar Hero down our throats, along with DJ Hero, another Tony Hawk game and ridiculously priced limited editions of MW2 along with all the trash talk from Kotick, there the ones that really deserve a boycott although Valve isn't perfect either, but for different reasons.

we should do that, yeah there are a lot of guitar hero games now, the first 2 or 3 were okay for me but now there's like how many, I didn't even buy the first 3

Dipchit02
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/08/09/the-boycott-on-activision-begins/

Some guy calling for a boycott of Activision havent listened to the whole thing but he really doesnt like what they are doing