PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation Network (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Favourite PSN Titles? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6568)

X_Racer1 31-08-2009 03:21 AM

Favourite PSN Titles?

Well as the title suggests here's the place to put down your favorite games from the PlayStation Network/Store, preferably your top 5 but hey if you've got more or can't decide on five go right ahead and state more.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot my favorites although I'm basing this off the few titles I have, not the ones that I have tried the demos of.

1. PixelJunk Eden
2. WipEout HD
3. Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
4. Bomberman Ultra
5. Rag Doll Kung Fu

trediddy 31-08-2009 03:36 AM

well theres only one that i dowloaded which is the first crash but i would really like to buy mgs1 and tomb raider maybe

X_Racer1 31-08-2009 06:59 PM

Well I'm in a dilemma, I said screw it to buying SOCOM: Confrontation and bought a $20 PSN card and thanks to my leftover balance from my previous card I have enough for two $10 games. Granted I already bought one of the games, PixelJunk Eden and I'm loving it but now I have no idea what to but next. One possibility I've been considering is buying PixelJunk Monsters (and I have played the demo, very enjoyable), another being I buy Trash Panic (also got the demo and again very enjoyable) and maybe Wolfenstein 3D since they are both $5, another one is Super Stardust HD ($10), another one is the WipEout HD Fury expansion pack ($10) or my last one is buying either Super Rub a Dub, Metal Gear Solid 4 DLC for LittleBigPlanet or LocoRoco Cocoreccho (all 3 are $7) and a piece of Midnight Club DLC ($3). Great thing to is I have to make up my mind soon because as my signature indicates, thanks to some policies at my college and residence, once I start my school year my console isn't going online anymore, I mean it's coming with me but I'm not allowed to use college Internet access with it, it has to be used for "academic" purposes.

trediddy 31-08-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 48774)
Well I'm in a dilemma, I said screw it to buying SOCOM: Confrontation and bought a $20 PSN card and thanks to my leftover balance from my previous card I have enough for two $10 games. Granted I already bought one of the games, PixelJunk Eden and I'm loving it but now I have no idea what to but next. One possibility I've been considering is buying PixelJunk Monsters (and I have played the demo, very enjoyable), another being I buy Trash Panic (also got the demo and again very enjoyable) and maybe Wolfenstein 3D since they are both $5, another one is Super Stardust HD or my last one is buying either Super Rub a Dub, Metal Gear Solid 4 DLC or LocoRoco Cocoreccho (all 3 are $7) and a piece of Midnight Club DLC ($3). Great thing to is I have to make up my mind soon because as my signature indicates, thanks to some policies at my college and residence, once I start my school year my console isn't going online anymore, I mean it's coming with me but I'm not allowed to use college Internet access with it, it has to be used for "academic" purposes.

so you can play games but no playin online??

Yea i really liked trash panic it was pretty fun but i looked around i totally forgot about bomberman ultra i really wanna buy that

X_Racer1 31-08-2009 08:39 PM

Oh yes, my system is allowed to come to college with me and I'm allowed to use on the TV included with my room, I just can't use it online but obviously it will still get use for single-player and of course some local multi-player action.

Bomberman Ultra though is a great buy for anyone who hasn't bought it yet, or won it, even has online multi-player and character customization with unlockable costumes.

lloyd 02-09-2009 07:07 PM

PixelJunk Eden is my fav right now, however, to be honest I haven't bought very many games from PSN. I am thinking about getting more PixelJunk, maybe Fat Princess.

X_Racer1 03-09-2009 01:55 PM

Well I'll say PixelJunk Racers isn't worth it unless you have people with you to play it in multi-player and there's no online included so it might be a problem. PixelJunk Monsters is good but I actually didn't buy it, I went for Trash Panic and Wolfenstein 3D.

lloyd 03-09-2009 04:16 PM

The only other person that would play PixelJunk Racer with me would be my girlfriend so it might get a little boring after a while, just because it would be the two of us.

SaintAvi 09-09-2009 01:46 AM

Most of the capcom stuff, Bionic Commando, Street Fighter 2 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 :D

m0tl3sl4y3r 12-09-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 48779)
Oh yes, my system is allowed to come to college with me and I'm allowed to use on the TV included with my room, I just can't use it online but obviously it will still get use for single-player and of course some local multi-player action.

Bomberman Ultra though is a great buy for anyone who hasn't bought it yet, or won it, even has online multi-player and character customization with unlockable costumes.

that sucks that u can't play online, but I sort of feel your pain, the wireless internet in my room is really unreliable, when I can get signals, they're really good, but a lot of the time, the servers are down, for the ones with no security anyways, I'll probably just have to get myself a router to deal with that problem
EDIT: I solved my no-internet problem, my campus bookstore where u get your books sells a lot more than just books, I managed to get a 25 foot network cable for like $13 so I can go online now and not have to deal with the unreliable wireless in my residence.
its luxury having a wired connection when you've been using 55% wireless signal strength for as long as you've has your PS3

X_Racer1 26-09-2009 11:25 AM

You actually have wireless on your residence, ours is really spotty, basically once in awhile it decides there is a signal because your actually picking up a wireless signal from across the parking lot at campus, basically your told the minute you walk in, you need Ethernet cable, fortunately I had two 25 foot cables so I wasn't screwed but here's the better part, our phones actually share our Internet connection with computers, there Ethernet powered IP Phones but again I'm in the clear because my phone gets no use, the BlackBerry is my phone.

Anyway, had plenty of time to play those PSN titles I own and I actually am revising my favorites, it now goes.

1. PixelJunk Eden
2. Trash Panic
3. WipEout HD (mostly because having no online is making the game extremely repetitive and dull)
4. PixelJunk Monsters (I only have the demo, but the minute I get a chance I'm buying the full game, it's just so darn addictive)
5. Rag Doll Kung Fu

xEN7xASSASSINx 26-09-2009 04:45 PM

fat princess! :D

lugtyptre 30-09-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx (Post 50014)
fat princess! :D

I have the same idea with you. Great! Thanks for sharing. :cool:
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

J-Matt 07-10-2009 12:13 PM

i like Smash cars

m0tl3sl4y3r 07-10-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 50000)
You actually have wireless on your residence, ours is really spotty, basically once in awhile it decides there is a signal because your actually picking up a wireless signal from across the parking lot at campus, basically your told the minute you walk in, you need Ethernet cable, fortunately I had two 25 foot cables so I wasn't screwed but here's the better part, our phones actually share our Internet connection with computers, there Ethernet powered IP Phones but again I'm in the clear because my phone gets no use, the BlackBerry is my phone.

Anyway, had plenty of time to play those PSN titles I own and I actually am revising my favorites, it now goes.

1. PixelJunk Eden
2. Trash Panic
3. WipEout HD (mostly because having no online is making the game extremely repetitive and dull)
4. PixelJunk Monsters (I only have the demo, but the minute I get a chance I'm buying the full game, it's just so darn addictive)
5. Rag Doll Kung Fu

ours is kinda like that, it will pick stuff up sometimes but other times its pretty useless, but most of the sources come from student setup stuff, some of them are unsecured but most are secured from routers

luckily, the campus bookstore sells ethernet cables and I bought a 25 footer, luckily thats just enough to reach the connection but I only have 1 connection in my room so when I'm downloading something on PS3, I have to use the ****ty wireless for my laptop