PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Just Got YLOD (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7683)

trediddy 12-12-2009 12:11 AM

Just Got YLOD

we called sony and said they would send new ps3 but my memory will be gone and now thats gonna make me give up on ACII

xEN7xASSASSINx 12-12-2009 12:24 AM

ohh damn that sucks! :( is it copyrighted? the ACII save data? if not and theres a way to give you it i'll give you mine? its completed and has like 5 trophies left to get(dont think you'd get the trophies anyway)

m0tl3sl4y3r 12-12-2009 12:29 AM

that sucks man I don't really know what else to say except that I hope the new PS3 comes soon

trediddy 12-12-2009 12:40 AM

i dnt know if its copyrighted im just really mad cuz tht game is LONG! and i was on like sequence 9 and i had one more freaking glyph and all the tombs

@M0tl3ysl43r that ps3 aint comin anytime soon cuz christmas comin up :(

m0tl3sl4y3r 12-12-2009 01:01 AM

it sucks that it won't be coming anytime soon

trediddy 12-12-2009 01:44 AM

any ways to get disk out if system wont turn on

Dustin S. 12-12-2009 03:25 AM

There is but it voids your warrenty. If your sending it to sony i believe they wont take it, but if they are just straight up sending you a new one do it.

Also was it you that had two PS3's in your house? Or do you happen to have access to another PS3? If so I can possibly help you get your Assassins Creed data off the hard drive so you dont have to start all over.

Dipchit02 12-12-2009 10:32 AM

lol i just say take the Hard Drive out of the PS3 you are sending them and put that one in your new PS3

X_Racer1 12-12-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 54034)
lol i just say take the Hard Drive out of the PS3 you are sending them and put that one in your new PS3

The problem is doing that prompts the system to require the hard drive to be formatted before the PlayStation 3 will do anything else hence erasing his ACII data forever. Even just pulling out the hard drive and putting it back in causes this to be required.

Dustin S. 12-12-2009 12:54 PM

No if the hard drive already has the PS3 data on it and has yet to be formated for anything else it will just go in. It will just state "profile data has been found on the hard drive" and it will switch all your system data on the ps3 directly to match it.

Since its already with a ps3, he can put it in, copy his data, or back it up, and be good to go.

trediddy 12-12-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 54027)
There is but it voids your warrenty. If your sending it to sony i believe they wont take it, but if they are just straight up sending you a new one do it.

Also was it you that had two PS3's in your house? Or do you happen to have access to another PS3? If so I can possibly help you get your Assassins Creed data off the hard drive so you dont have to start all over.

well we supposed to get another one for xmas we dont know if we are sending it in
EDIT: but id be happy to know how to get it out just in case we dont send it in and if we get a second ps3

Dipchit02 12-12-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 54042)
No if the hard drive already has the PS3 data on it and has yet to be formated for anything else it will just go in. It will just state "profile data has been found on the hard drive" and it will switch all your system data on the ps3 directly to match it.

Since its already with a ps3, he can put it in, copy his data, or back it up, and be good to go.

yeah that is what i thought you could do. i thought it only asked to format the HDD if it did not recognize the file structure or see any PS3 stuff

Dustin S. 12-12-2009 02:54 PM

Here is a random tutorial i found on how to take the ps3 apart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU

It shows you how to fix YLOD too, but i had it just to show you how to take the ps3 apart.

Inside you will obviously see the entire disc drive, on it is more screws and what not. Self explanatory to unscrew that and take it apart and take your disc out, then put it back together. There is a trick to taking the warrenty sticker off without it saying you did, but i cant find that video.

You should probably have someone help you if you do it though, can be tricky to put it back together. And if you do get another ps3, try to use your current hard drive. I took my hard drive out, put in a new one, and put the old one back in and it didnt reformat it.

trediddy 12-12-2009 05:01 PM

k my dad says he might do it

trediddy 12-12-2009 05:15 PM

were going to this company called fuzion electronics

X_Racer1 12-12-2009 07:54 PM

Apparently from my searching I was indeed wrong about simply pulling out your hard drive and putting in back in requiring format but apparently the hard drive is encrypted to a specific PlayStation 3 so in this case trying to swap the hard drive into another PlayStation 3 will require a format but if you just pull it out and put in back in the encryption matches hence your hard drive doesn't require a format.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6231422AAdAqpJ
http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums...26&mode=linear
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums...ic_id=27114531

Dustin S. 13-12-2009 03:27 AM

Do you know if you can use the new ps3 to ps3 utility with a SATA to USB cable? I have one and i hear the drive kick in and everything, but the PS3 wont read it as a drive. I was thinking if both drives have the PS3 data on it, perhaps the ps3 to ps3 thing would work

kiduka 14-12-2009 12:34 PM

You should back up your PS3 data to an external USB drive and once your PS3 comes back you can load up your data back on to the system.

X_Racer1 14-12-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 54085)
Do you know if you can use the new ps3 to ps3 utility with a SATA to USB cable? I have one and i hear the drive kick in and everything, but the PS3 wont read it as a drive. I was thinking if both drives have the PS3 data on it, perhaps the ps3 to ps3 thing would work

They make those cables, that would have made my life back in co-op a heck of a lot easier instead of having to rely on flaky enclosures but from what I can tell the only way to use the new transfer utility is two hook the two consoles together with an Ethernet cable. I think the reason for this is if you were to take your hard drive from your PlayStation 3 and use a SATA to USB cable on your PC it would see nothing as the entire hard drive is encrypted so only the original PlayStation 3 can read it, in the case of using a SATA to USB cable I think the same things happens since the PlayStation 3 that is trying to read the drive can't get past the drive encryption where the transfer utility has both consoles running so each one is able to read their hard drives successfully and as a result able to send information to the other console for transfer.

Also

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiduka (Post 54148)
You should back up your PS3 data to an external USB drive and once your PS3 comes back you can load up your data back on to the system.

That isn't going to work here, his console has the YLOD, hence the console itself can't even load to the XMB, hence making it impossible to run the backup utility or the new transfer utility.

trediddy 16-12-2009 09:48 PM

yeah like xracer said i cant even get the system on lol