PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My TV is Broken. (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4899)

tonzie 11-04-2009 01:13 AM

My TV is Broken.

Ok so, my sister was lending me her tv and it broke lolol.
42' Plasma.
I wont be able to review or anything until I get a new TV :(
I think I might be getting one tomorrow though, not sure.

Heres the story:
Her cat knocked over one of their speakers onto it, and it cracked it. It then always had black lines running through the bottom. They lent it to me to use because it was going to break. Today, I had it on, turned it off, turned it back on, and the small crack cracked all the way up to the top of the tv and it started making this weird noise and wouldn't show a picture. Uncool.
I didn't know something like that was possible, the TV pretty much made it's crack worse because of the heat or something.

Shak 11-04-2009 08:36 AM

Unlucky man, I guess though it gives you an excuse to buy a new TV. Plus LCDs are much better than Plasmas

tonzie 11-04-2009 04:20 PM

And now I have a new one lol, awesome.
42' Plasma 1080p Panasonic
Even better than the last ;)

Jacob 11-04-2009 04:55 PM

ewww plasma FTL. LCD all the way

tonzie 11-04-2009 05:26 PM

lol what exactly is the difference?

Nikhil 11-04-2009 09:06 PM

Plasma's can get burn in, so be careful when playing games for a long time, especially ones with a HUD.

tonzie 11-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhil (Post 38552)
Plasma's can get burn in, so be careful when playing games for a long time, especially ones with a HUD.

LOL actually, that happened with the one that broke when I was playing Fallout 3, but it went away.

Sauberbmw 12-04-2009 01:40 AM

Plasma is a gas and therefore it loses quality over time. electric currents excite the gas molecules and thats how you get the image.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) tv have a liquid in between two sheets of glass except one side allows electric current to pass through.
Plasma has a higher resolution and colour depth than LCD but is susceptible to in screen burn ins.

m0tl3sl4y3r 19-05-2009 06:35 PM

if your t.v is broken, then why don't you get a new one?
At least u have an excuse

Dustin S. 20-05-2009 01:43 AM

Dont get plasma, didnt even know those still existed lol. Get a Sony or Samsung LCD, way way better. Better picture over time, better energy savers, better everything. Plasma was nice for a while till people realized they get worn down and extremely hot lol. LCD or the new Samsung LED tvs are the way to go these days. Use this broken tv as a excuse to buy a new one.

Kiri 20-05-2009 02:17 AM

Get Pioneer before they clean out their inventory... the only good TV out there imo
They're stopping in TV production but they'll still support it

tonzie 26-05-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 40101)
Dont get plasma, didnt even know those still existed lol. Get a Sony or Samsung LCD, way way better. Better picture over time, better energy savers, better everything. Plasma was nice for a while till people realized they get worn down and extremely hot lol. LCD or the new Samsung LED tvs are the way to go these days. Use this broken tv as a excuse to buy a new one.

Haha wow.. I thought the LED TVs were bad, ut I guess I was wrong. There was a 60' LED TV in the classifieds for $650. Should have grabbed it up lol.
Also, there's a 70' Sony Bravia on kijiji for $800..

Point: I should have waited hahaha

Dustin S. 26-05-2009 08:36 PM

I dont know about others but i was checking out the new Samsung LED tv and it was really nice. I dont know alot about them though, i know a whole lot about LCD tv's and own one of those myself, but that samsung was pretty damn cool.

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-05-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 40503)
I dont know about others but i was checking out the new Samsung LED tv and it was really nice. I dont know alot about them though, i know a whole lot about LCD tv's and own one of those myself, but that samsung was pretty damn cool.

Those Samsungs definitely are really nice