PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PSP Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What do you guys think about the PSP Go? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5471)

Shak 30-05-2009 08:34 PM

What do you guys think about the PSP Go?

I know a lot of people think the new design is ugly, but I personally think it looks really good, better than the current design. It is also 43% lighter apparently from the PSP 3000. What do you guys think?

m0tl3sl4y3r 30-05-2009 11:34 PM

I haven't really been paying much attention to that to be honest, but maybe I should learn more about it

Dustin S. 31-05-2009 12:39 AM

I honestly hate it so far...I was seriously thinking "yeah ill buy a new psp this fall" then i saw the pics of the so called confirmed version and there taht feeeling goes. If anything ill end up buying another slim PSP isntead.

Then they announce Metal Gear Solid game coming to PSP so i need one no matter what. I hope its UMD too becuse i dont want to own downloads.

Shak 31-05-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 40844)
I honestly hate it so far...I was seriously thinking "yeah ill buy a new psp this fall" then i saw the pics of the so called confirmed version and there taht feeeling goes. If anything ill end up buying another slim PSP isntead.

Then they announce Metal Gear Solid game coming to PSP so i need one no matter what. I hope its UMD too becuse i dont want to own downloads.

They will apparently also be making the PSP-3000 as well, so go for that one if you want.

I think with the new PSP, people will like it when they get their hands on it rather than looking at pictures.

X_Racer1 31-05-2009 03:24 PM

Personally if I'm buying a new PSP, since my current PSP-1000 is showing it's age, it will be a PSP-3000 since they are going to be selling it alongside the PSP Go, to me I don't like the digital distribution only of games, I prefer having a copy I can actually resell or know will still be around for years to come. Plus I don't like the design whatsoever, I never had a problem with the PSP's weight and I own the heaviest model they ever produced. Most likely though if they are going to continue selling the PSP-3000 all the games coming out for the PSP platform will be available on UMD and the PlayStation Store, otherwise they will lose a major part of the market they currently have for new games.

Dustin S. 31-05-2009 08:28 PM

I didn't know another PSP 3000 was coming out too, i wonder what that will be like. Hopefully it doesnt have the same McDonalds Kids Meal feel to it lol. I Dont see why Sony took the design of their Mylo and put it PSP together with it, honestly. When i got to gamestop to buy a new PSP ill just ask them, can i hold the PSP Go, and see how it feels. Still im not the download type of person either so Sony better keep doing what they did with Patapon, have the case instores, while you get to download it at home.

Kiri 01-06-2009 03:13 AM

get an emulator
(Mysterious voice: But you aleady have a PSP!!!)
Yea, but I am getting the emulator for the new PSP version
(Mysterious voice: But it's the same!)
Yea, and your point is?
(Mysterious voice: why get an emulator)
because I'm not buying that.
(Mysterious voice: ...)

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 05:07 PM

i personally think it is pretty cool and before my PSP got stolen i really used it as an MP3 player first and a game system second. i really only played games when i was going on vacation and stuff so the GO! is like perfect for me to get a new one cause it will be a better MP3 player. Just wish the screen was a touch screen to make it easier but cant have everything

glen421 08-06-2009 01:43 PM

I have owned all the PSP models to date and I am looking forward to getting my hands on the new PSP go. Not sure if I will still keep my PSP 3000 though when the "go" comes out.

Forgot to add this. Has anybody seen more technical specs on the PSP go? Besides what they have on playstation.com. Eg: type of processor, built in ram etc. etc.

Shak 08-06-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen421 (Post 41552)
Forgot to add this. Has anybody seen more technical specs on the PSP go? Besides what they have on playstation.com. Eg: type of processor, built in ram etc. etc.

I don't think there has been any info on this yet. I'd expect it to have similar specs to the PSP-3000, that would keep costs down and profits up.

Dipchit02 08-06-2009 02:15 PM

Glen why would you buy all the PSP models? that just doesnt make sense to me

and i found them online and must have posted them in some other thread but they are exactly the same at least the CPU and resolution were and i dont remember the other stuff off the top of my head

glen421 08-06-2009 03:05 PM

Good question Dipchit02. I never really owned any 2 models at the same time. I would just trade in and upgrade when the new models came out.

Here are just a few reasons for my actions:

PSP 2000/slim was lighter than the PSP 1000 also PSP 2000 had more RAM so load times were faster. Don't forget the TV Output and skype support.

Upgrading to the PSP 3000 was well I don't really have a good reason for it I just did it.

Dipchit02 08-06-2009 03:19 PM

i could kinda understand the 1000 - 2000 but the 3000 doesnt seem to much of an upgrade really

glen421 08-06-2009 03:38 PM

Going back to the PSP "go". How can Sony justify the $249.00 price tag? It pretty much looks like the mylo (Wouldn't doubt Sony re-using some of those parts.) Doesn't have a UMD (I would of liked to of seen more content on UMD. I think Sony screwed-up on the marketing of that media format. No second analog stick. Which I think we are all hoping for. I just think Sony needs to do some re-assuring to customers that we are getting more product for $249.00. Otherwise pick up a PSP 3000 for $169.00

Dipchit02 08-06-2009 03:47 PM

it costs so much i think because of the hard drive those are not very cheap but then again i dont know how much the UMD drive cost them either so i think you have apoint in that 250 is just to much but then again i would still rather have that than the 3000 mainly cuz of size and stuff.

glen421 09-06-2009 09:50 AM

I realy think Sony is trying to combat Apple with this PSP Go and its new Media Go PC application.

Dipchit02 09-06-2009 02:17 PM

yea i can see that but it would have helped their case more if there was a touch screen on the PSP GO but they have that new sense me or w/e it was called for the PSP GO and that is like the apple genius thing

GenJones32 12-06-2009 09:41 AM

Man I want a GO is sooo cool but I already have enough PSPs as it is.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 05:28 PM

you coudl always sell your PSPs and get the go or keep one of them and get the GO that woudl work

X_Racer1 22-06-2009 03:19 PM

Actually there isn't another PSP-3000 coming out, they are just going to continue to sell the current model and maybe throw it into a new bundle, it will still be the same console for those who maybe don't always have wireless Internet access or the ability to buy things off the PlayStation Store.