PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PSP Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Reason Why the PSP Go! Battery isn't Removable (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6565)

X_Racer1 31-08-2009 12:18 AM

The Reason Why the PSP Go! Battery isn't Removable

Well it's a problem you can't ignore, PSP piracy, and while I don't condone such a practice it is commonplace, especially with the existence of the "Pandora's Battery" exploit. Now the new PSP, the PSP Go! doesn't have a removable battery and I think it's pretty self evident why, as PlayStation Insider has revealed the battery is not removable so piracy can be prevented. As quoted by Sony's John Koller:

"We've had a lot of success with the 3000. While the earlier models of the PSP were incredibly easy to use with ripped or downloaded games, the PSP Go is going to make things tougher on the pirates. You won't be able to rip your games and play them on the system, the firmware precludes that." "There's no external battery, so there's a number of protections put into place on the system."

While I see their reasoning I also have to think, having a removable battery makes it much easier to extend the life of your gaming system as batteries don't last forever (Well technically I'm sure the battery can be replaced if you willing to pay for the repair and go without your console for a few weeks) and even with these protections, hackers will break the system, everything has been at some point, they just find different ways.

Dustin S. 31-08-2009 03:24 AM

To be honest its not stopping anything, its just making more of a hassle for regular owners. Hackers can and will most likely find a way to hack the Go, might take a month, might take a year, but it will happen. Then all you did was force regular owners to suffer the battery and not have an option to extend it.

m0tl3sl4y3r 15-11-2009 11:27 PM

I agree with Dustin, hackers will try an dfind a way to hack it still. It's just hurting regular owners who don't hack stuff

X_Racer1 15-11-2009 11:37 PM

And this thread has been here over 2 months since the last response, posting a reply simply stating you agree after it's being sitting dormant for 2 months isn't being helpful or contributing anything to the community here. If you had new information, or something more meaningful to contribute to this thread, then by all means post a reply on a dormant thread, but this just a waste of people's time.

m0tl3sl4y3r 16-11-2009 12:14 AM

man I didn't even see this thread before..sorry if u feel like I wasted your time, but honestly u didn't have to read it or reply to it though if u think its such a waste of time, I'm not trying to flame u or anything

X_Racer1 16-11-2009 12:45 PM

No, I'm just sick and tired of seeing old threads turned on to the top of the list over more recent threads just because someone feels the need to revive threads for no real reason (just saying I agree, isn't contributing anything to the thread really, nor is it a valid excuse to revive a thread, at least if it's a recent thread it's excusable, but it's still not something that everyone should be doing, this was even covered in the video Dustin posted on how to act on forums (specifically in the Post Count section around the 1:45 mark)), I find it strange in 2 months someone would not spot this thread, it was featured as the thread you could click on for the PSP section right away for awhile.

m0tl3sl4y3r 16-11-2009 01:09 PM

I don't know why I didn't see it but I will agree with u bringing up old threads is not something everyone should do because it can be annoying seeing old threads come up but its not something that happens a lot here so its not that big of a deal and I wasn't doing this to increase my post count if thats what u were suggesting with the reference to the video, I just wanted to say that Dustin was making a valid statement and made perfect sense in his post that I agreed with but there hasn't really been any "recent" threads in the PSP section but I will try not to bring up old threads again if thats what you're so mad about(I normally don't go past the 1st half of the 1st page of threads anyways, I just get tired of looking through threads after that amount), I think the only reason why I missed this thread is because since theres normally not much activity in the PSP section, I don't normally check that section but I was gonna post a thread yesterday then I saw this thread and decided to check since it was only 2 months, I decided it wasn't really all that old, still old just not very old