PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PSP Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars PSP. (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5821)

A-Leal 22-06-2009 11:14 AM

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars PSP.

Quote:

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Coming to the PSP? (PlayStation?Portable) system

New York, NY – June 22, 2009 – Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is pleased to announce that one of the highest-rated handheld games of all time, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, will be making its way to the PSP? (PlayStation?Portable) handheld entertainment system. Developed by the award-winning studio Rockstar Leeds, in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available at retail on UMD? and digitally from the PlayStation?Network in North America and Europe this fall.

"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSP?go," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."

"Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms," said Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America. "We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars follows the story of Huang Lee, a young Triad who travels to Liberty City after the mysterious death of his father. Within the game, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise. Specifically built for the PSP platform with upscaled widescreen graphics, enhanced lighting and animation; and including all-new story missions; this version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will take full advantage of the power of the PSP system.
Source.

Nice, I'll be getting this for sure. :D

X_Racer1 22-06-2009 03:16 PM

I might just have to go out and get this one when it releases although it will be interesting how they port the game since the PSP doesn't have two screens to utilize, although I think at this point Rockstar wants something to come out of that game considering how poorly it sold on DS. But hey, who doesn't enjoy a good Grand Theft Auto game on the go, especially for those frustrating bus/subway/train commutes when you just feel like hitting something or blowing something up.

m0tl3sl4y3r 22-06-2009 03:55 PM

I'm probably gonna get this game

SaintAvi 22-06-2009 06:12 PM

After seeing how horribly it was received by the DS crowd, this is not surprising.

glen421 23-06-2009 10:47 AM

Do you think it will be more will recieved by the PSP community? It would be cool if they could make it playable on PS3 as well.

X_Racer1 23-06-2009 12:38 PM

It will definitely be received better by the PSP crowd as the PSP appeals to people who are more into these kinds of games where the DS doesn't, I mean the people who have DS's and play something like Nintendogs or Brain Age won't probably be interested and that's the DS's target audience, kind of like the Wii.

SaintAvi 23-06-2009 03:03 PM

The DS and Wii are the dolls of the casual crowd who just want to play minigames about
plainting daisies or raising e-pets. More mature themed games like Madworld and GTA:CTW
are not really that demographics thing and unfortunately the sales reflect this.

PSP and PS3 on the other hand along with the 360 still maintain the 'hardcore' crowd
who take more readily to this type of content, GTA:Liberty City Stories sold 5 million
copies, week by week though comparing the initial sales of LCS vs CTW, LCS sold about 3x
as many copies each week in the first 10 weeks [vgchartz.com]

m0tl3sl4y3r 24-06-2009 05:57 PM

I don't even know why they released Chinatown wars on the DS in the first place

SaintAvi 24-06-2009 09:51 PM

They took a risk trying to cater to a more mature crowd which is obviously there, but
unfortunately not prominent enough to necessitate creating games for.

Im sure the game is brilliant and Rockstar probably take baths in money for all I know, the
real victims are the hardcore DSi owners who only have Zelda and Metroid to really tide them over, but for each Zelda and Metroid there are 10 Unicornz and Barbie games