PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   hockey season starts soon (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9259)

m0tl3sl4y3r 23-09-2010 12:38 AM

hockey season starts soon

okay, NHL exhibition games started yesterday.
I know we have a few hockey fans on these forums.
lets discuss our thoughts on how we think our favourite teams are gonna do.
so far, my team, the Montreal Canadiens have lost their exhibition game against their rivals, the Boston Bruins.
I'm hoping that they do good though, just to shut people up who say that they're not going anywhere after trading their goalie that "carried" them to the finals.
but a slongas Montreal does better than Toronto, I don't care.
since I go to school here in Oshawa, I get a lot of Toronto fans due to the two cities being so close

Dustin S. 23-09-2010 03:55 AM

Yotes are looking good this year too! They have almost all their players from last year, and only lost people in positive ways. Im kinda sad Lombardi is gone, but we got Vrbata back and Wolski!

I think we still have that young competitive edge we had last year, and now its combined with a more vetaran powerhouse. We are gonna be pretty good.

As long as their game is still fast and fun to watch ill be happy. Playoffs? I hope so but the whole division is looking pretty good this should be another fun year!

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-10-2010 01:24 AM

well the season started today...and my team, the Montreal Canadiens lost to the team I hate..the Toronto Maple Leafs

Dustin S. 08-10-2010 02:13 AM

Are you guys going to be watching the Yotes take on the Bruins in Prague on Saturday?

X_Racer1 08-10-2010 08:10 AM

I can't, I can watch barely any hockey this year because I don't pay for cable or satellite TV at my newer place. Basically the only games I can watch are ones that air on the CBC as I can get that channel OTA (or in other words, over bunny ears).

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-10-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 60399)
Are you guys going to be watching the Yotes take on the Bruins in Prague on Saturday?

I'm gonna try.
I wanna see how good the Bruins will be this year...since they are the Habs other rivals, I wanna see if I think Montreal can beat them

Dustin S. 08-10-2010 02:54 PM

It should be a good game. I personally think Coyotes will be a top contending team this year. They kept alot of good players and got even more great players over the off season. They took some hits on defense. However the only real struggle is the same thing as last year, power play unit.

I think they will be solid, probably not top 4 teams, but somewhere in the middle again, and defo be a team to look out for. The only thing that sucks is our whole division is looking good, the Sharks look killer yet again and even the Kings look competitive.

I think the Bruins have a solid team on the ice, more of a powerhouse team. I think they will be along the same lines of the Yotes, very competitive, and stay within the middle grounds of the East. I think they have the potential to move into the top 4 teams though. That is after the Yotes beat them twice to begin the season :P haha!

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-10-2010 04:42 PM

Montreal let in some stupid goals last night against Toronto but their 2 best defense-men are out due to injury and they traded Halak at the end of last season..so their goaltending is not as good
one of my friends who's a huge Leafs fanboy says that Toronto will be good this season because they have some good players. People always say they Toronto will do good at the beginning of a season but Toronto always screws everything up so I doubt they'll do good and I don't just say this because I hate them

Dustin S. 08-10-2010 05:34 PM

No I believe you lol. I visit hockey forums and what not and just before the season each year its nothing but trash talking from Maple Leafs fans, about how great they will be yatta yatta. Then the season winds down and they kinda just eat their words and laugh about it haha.

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-10-2010 05:47 PM

yeah..I really hope they eat their words just because of how much they trash talk.
I get made fun of some times for saying this but I actually don't mind the Maple Leafs as a team.
but I hate them because of their fans are so stupid and blindly loyal. if they fans wouldn't trash talk so much, I wouldn't find it funny when they lose all the time.
even though they have a good team this year, I want them to get their asses handed to them this year just because my buddy has been bragging for the past month and now that the season started last night, and Toronto actually won against Montreal, my buddy was bragging about how Montreal got "raped" and how it wasn't a close game even though the final score was 3-2, which is pretty close.
what ****ed me off the most was he knows I'm a Habs fan but he was trash talking about Montreal likes it up the ass and a whole bunch of other **** about them even though i was right there.

but when I say that I don't like them and don't really want them to win...he gets all defensive and say I'm just being a hater even though Toronto screws up every season practically and at least Montreal makes the playoffs usually

sorry if I offend any Leafs fans on these forums

Dustin S. 08-10-2010 06:01 PM

I kinda like the Leafs because they were on our side to leave the Coyotes here lol. The loyal ones at least, and it was because they didn't want another team in that market.

The majority of those fans though were like "bah we cant get tickets at all, give us the team! you dont deserve them!" So I hate whenever the Coyotes play there lol. Its kinda proven wrong now though. The entire first month of Yotes games are pretty much sold out, except for like 3 games.

and trust me, being a Yotes fan I know how you feel about trash talking. I was actually suprised neither of you started bashing me for being a Yotes fan.

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-10-2010 06:16 PM

I actually kinda like the 'Yotes.
I like the Loyal Leafs fans, just not the ones who blindly follow them and trash talk everyone

Dustin S. 09-10-2010 10:41 PM

So the Bruins have yet to wake up, or the Coyotes are going to be a bigger threat than I thought.

m0tl3sl4y3r 09-10-2010 11:28 PM

lol, Montreal FINALLY won a game, 3-2 over Pittsburgh

Dustin S. 10-10-2010 05:25 PM

As I said Bruins had yet to wake up lol.

I kinda saw that coming though, they have two games in prague. There has to be some sort of deal between the two to win a game each. The Yotes are not advertising these two games at all, and jumping straight to the Red Wing game next week.

m0tl3sl4y3r 17-10-2010 09:33 PM

after a slow start, my team the Montreal Canadiens is finally catching up to Toronto in the division and not far behind for conference leader too.
they're second in their division by one point.
in conference, it says they're 4th but I think they should be 3rd because it says the 3rd place team has 6 points and Montreal has 7

Dustin S. 18-10-2010 03:27 PM

They are probably one or two games up, so them having 7 points actually comes out to having less than the other team. If you played 2 games and have 6 points thats better than playing ten games and having 7 points, for example.

m0tl3sl4y3r 18-10-2010 03:40 PM

the thing is they have the same amount of games played

Dustin S. 18-10-2010 09:49 PM

Do they have extra games at the end of the season? Or it just hasnt been updated.

m0tl3sl4y3r 18-10-2010 09:58 PM

I don't know but it probably just hasn't been updated

edit: Montreal's still stuck in 4th since the Islanders won against Toronto.

I'm happy that Toronto has finally been defeated