PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Playstation 2 Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   think they'll ever make PS2 classics for the PS3 or whatever system will be next? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7616)

m0tl3sl4y3r 04-12-2009 04:49 PM

think they'll ever make PS2 classics for the PS3 or whatever system will be next?

I was wondering if anyone thinks they'll ever make "PS2 Classics" available on the Playstation Store, similar to what they did with the PS1 Classics that they have going now
and if so, what games do u think would make it?

Dustin S. 07-12-2009 03:22 PM

I dont think this will happen anytime soon.

-The games are too big. PS1 games are not that big, PS2 games took up entire DVD's which are gigs of data.

-PS2 is still selling well, Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot if they had this on PS2. Let alone alot of people would take it the wrong way and be mad that the games are on PSN so soon. After all who wants to "buy all their games again" like PSP? lol

-I personally think they are better off doing it like God of War. Release 2 or 3 games on a Blu ray, make it HD, add trophies, and some other neat features and call it a day. If they released a HD Metal Gear Solid pack id be there in a hearbeat. You could do it with Socom, Syphon Filter, and so many others

m0tl3sl4y3r 07-12-2009 04:30 PM

I think it would be great if they did release games on a blu-ray, add trophies and other features.
if they released certain games for the PS2 on blu-ray, I would buy them in a heartbeat as well

xEN7xASSASSINx 07-12-2009 05:38 PM

hmm i think its a possibility, and like dusting said the file size would be crazy BUT then again there are games like socom whih is GB's and with the option of downloading movies now which are also 3-5gb i guess it shouldnt be ruled out!

what they SHOULD do though(although its like 100% never gonna happen unless ps2 goes out of production lol) is offer multiple games on a blu-ray disc you know like the orange box, but some of the great ps2 titles :)

Dustin S. 08-12-2009 04:34 PM

Would you guys consider the Blu-ray re-releases milking franchises though? In a way I could see it as a negative way of doing things. For example "we have nothing else, lets just re release Metal Gear" or fans getting mad that the idea spread like a virus and now everything is being re-released.

X_Racer1 08-12-2009 04:44 PM

As long as they update the game with HD graphics and trophies then I wouldn't consider it milking as they are offering new things to these games and getting people interested, I mean the God of War games were a series I never played on PlayStation 2 but the God of War Collection actually got me interested in trying them out so it's one of my top choices on my Christmas list this year. If all they are going to do is re-release games identical to PS2 games then it's a problem since you can't play PS2 Games on most PS3 consoles unlike PS1 classics which are really there so you don't have to buy a disc copy but it's not like you can't use one.

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-12-2009 05:10 PM

X_racer makes a very good statement, a lot of PS3 can't play PS2 games so it would be great if they just updated the games with trophies and maybe even better graphics
I am with X_racer God of War was one of the series that I never got into but its great that they released it for the PS3, I am SO interested now
theres probably some other series that I never got into on the PS2 as well, like Metal Gear Solid that I really wanna play but can't because my PS3 isn't backwards compatible