PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation Network (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   PSN In Final Stages of Testing (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10010)

X_Racer1 06-05-2011 12:05 AM

PSN In Final Stages of Testing

Yes just as we enter the third week since the PlayStation Network was taken down by Sony apparently the Network has entered the final stages of testing before Sony will take the Network live once again. Needless to say, about time as Sony is starting to really stretch the idea of the Network going live this week as it will now be at least Friday before it goes live.

SaintAvi 06-05-2011 12:08 AM

Well let's hope its far more resilient this time around, hackers have vowed another hack this weekend.

LewisJ999 06-05-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintAvi (Post 62021)
Well let's hope its far more resilient this time around, hackers have vowed another hack this weekend.

And you know what the reason for hacking it this weekend is? Its "retaliation for Sony's handling of the PlayStation Network breach".

So there gonna hack it again because there annoyed it was taken down because of hacking. Its so stupid!

m0tl3sl4y3r 06-05-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintAvi (Post 62021)

I hope you're right Saintavi

SaintAvi 06-05-2011 09:09 PM

Suppose the boys down at Sony are going to take every last second remaining this week before we see a sign of the PSN

The most aggravating part is that every update just parrots 'in a few more days', which makes me feel like this

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...0b04e/340x.jpg

m0tl3sl4y3r 06-05-2011 10:24 PM

at this rate, the ps4 will be out before psn will be back up

SaintAvi 06-05-2011 10:34 PM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ration-update/

This week is no longer an accurate time frame to expect it to go back up :/

X_Racer1 07-05-2011 12:14 AM

It's definitely starting to wear on the PlayStation fans, just looking through the comments on the PlayStation Blog the basic consensus is for Sony to shut up, quit putting out stupid updates like that and either get the service running again or give us an actual update with a real timeline/deadline.

I mean for me, it's annoying because I have a sealed copy of Portal 2 sitting on my desk begging to be played but until the PlayStation Network goes live again, I've got little reason to play the game (since I can't activate my PC copy or play the co-op). At this rate, I might even play through Gears of War before the Network even goes live.

m0tl3sl4y3r 07-05-2011 12:55 AM

I'm getting annoyed with Sony too. I finally have my copy of Killzone 3 I wanna play it. I don't wanna play a version that is not updated so I don't wanna put it in yet. I was actually considering getting a 360 because of how ****ty psn has been lately.

glen421 07-05-2011 01:44 PM

I'm starting to get really ****ed about this....

m0tl3sl4y3r 07-05-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen421 (Post 62034)
I'm starting to get really ****ed about this....

I think we all are lol

X_Racer1 09-05-2011 08:26 PM

Well other than the fact Sony failed to deliver on yet another promise, the latest is the final date for getting all features of the PlayStation Network back up and running remains unchanged, it still remains May 31st although Sony has still not committed to a date as to when they will at least partially restore PSN access so we can game online again. Too bad too, my PS3 hasn't been turned on since about 2-3 days into the outage thanks to the 360 and every day that the PlayStation Network is down just gets me thinking about spending the future gaming budget on 360 titles.

m0tl3sl4y3r 09-05-2011 08:51 PM

I got Killzone 3 like a week ago and kinda regret it, because I can't play the updated version, or play it online, so I could've put that money on something else.
I'm kinda in the same situation as x_racer, I've been thinking about spending money on other things

glen421 09-05-2011 09:21 PM

I haven't fired up my 360...yet......But considering that there is no sign from Sony that the PSN will be back online anytime soon. I just may have to unpack it and pack up my PS3. My Sony alligence came as the RROD on my 360 really made me made. I am on the cusp of becoming a total 360 fanboy. Come on Sony don't make me jump......

m0tl3sl4y3r 10-05-2011 01:43 PM

this article doesn't really surprise me, it won't be up for a few more days but I think it will be more than just a "few" days

X_Racer1 11-05-2011 12:07 AM

Considering the Internet access I've been wanting for the past 10 months (TekSavvy Cable (300GB cap) so I can finally ditch ******* Rogers (80GB cap after a 20GB usage "insurance" policy) managed to launch before Sony could get the PlayStation Network running again really says it all. Plus that May 31 deadline is not even accurate as Sony has once again refused to stick to the date. Basically the message I get is, we goofed, we have no idea how big we goofed and we don't give two flying ***** when we bring the network back up since that would require actually sticking to a deadline (something we can't possibly do).

m0tl3sl4y3r 11-05-2011 12:26 AM

that's what I get too, is a big 'we ****ed up but we don't give a **** since most of you guys (and girls) don't pay for your online" which is still a pretty annoying way to deal with this.
I dunno if I'll be buying much Sony stuff anytime soon

SaintAvi 12-05-2011 05:16 PM

My anger is leveling out a bit and I am trying to see things from Sony's perspective.

After such a large scale breach on their servers, I can understand the rationale of taking
their time to do it right the first time and make the network as airtight as possible.

With hacker's seemingly having some sort of blood grudge against sony,
can you imagine what it would do to their reputation if they reintroduced the network
only to have user information compromised again?

The silver lining to this cloud is that I am finally making some progress on my backlog
of games. I kinda just played street fighter 4 online all the time while neglecting the
still shrink wrapped games in my drawer.

Hopefully theyll get things running sooner than later.

Dustin S. 13-05-2011 05:07 PM

The thing is...separate the damn data from the rest of the stuff. It isn't hard to make a secure login. Credit cards and what not are a bit more touchy. However we dont need EVERYTHING back up at once. Give us the chance to get online and play games and everyone will be fine.

Not only that but how hard is it to allow people to log into your sites? Have PR guys commenting in the communities...and keeping people up to date with day to day procedures? I wasn't mad until I thought of this...You think "oh then they have to pay them" and no, they are PR. They get paid to work from 6 to 2 everyday to ANSWER QUESTIONS, am I wrong to assume theyd actually do their job?

I respect Sony and I know its tough but this "cant meet deadlines" crap is starting to get annoying. They can't launch consoles on time, cant release updates on time, and now PSN has no "official return date"...im surprised their games actually make it out the door when stated...Last year they didn't even seem prepared for E3, cutting out major assets like Kojima and Insomniac and look how happy they were after that. It's unprofessional and its going to hurt them eventually. Especially PSN...their name gets tarnished even more with everyday its out, people get mad.

look at me, was completely fine the first week and now im ticked.

m0tl3sl4y3r 13-05-2011 07:28 PM

I agree with Dustin saying that them not meeting deadlines is ****ing annoying.
Sony just seems horrible at meeting deadlines.
I can see it being down for a week or two, but not like 3+ weeks, I don't even know how long its been down for now but I hope it's up soon or else they might not be able to come back from this.
people are saying that the PS4 might suffer less sales because people think that Sony has ****ed up so much with the PS3.
i don't blame people for buying 360s after not being able to play on PSN. even I considered getting one but don't have the money and I used to hate the 360.

I'm in the exact opposite situation as Saintavi, with each week it takes them to fix the problem, the more annoyed I get