PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Database (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Halo ODST AD (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7227)

Jordan 26-10-2009 11:41 PM

Halo ODST AD

It's annoying.

xEN7xASSASSINx 27-10-2009 12:13 AM

my mate is a big 360 player and he got ODST, his words were 'its ****' lol

Jordan 27-10-2009 12:26 AM

lol really? ahahaha that's funny.

The ad on the front page though. It is so annoying. It interrupts my life.

m0tl3sl4y3r 27-10-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 51497)
lol really? ahahaha that's funny.

The ad on the front page though. It is so annoying. It interrupts my life.

so I'm not the only one who thinks that, Jordan, u beat me to the thread

Shak 28-10-2009 11:47 AM

Hey guys, we don't really have control over what ads you see. It is based on the advertising agency's contract, and where you live. From what I can tell, Canada seems to get the Halo: ODST ads, whereas in UK, I'm getting LOTR Online ads.

Still sorry about that, and yes Halo: ODST does suck, I played the first flashback, and half of the second flashback and haven't been back to it since. Believe it or not, this game is worse than Halo 3 in many many ways.

Jordan 28-10-2009 11:55 AM

It's mainly just that the ad has sound which is annoying. You do have control lol. Just don't go with agencies that have ads with sound that distract users from what they're doing making coming to the site a nuisance. I haven't seen/heard the ad at all today! yay.

edit: Spoke to soon. Just saw it.

X_Racer1 28-10-2009 02:32 PM

Well to be honest I haven't seen them because no ads are showing up, even with Adblock Plus disabled I still don't see them and I think it comes down to all ads on the home page are served using Javascript and Flash and I block all Javascript and Flash except for the website's own Javascript. This is why image based ads or text ads work better, there less annoying and are easily re-enabled if you wish to support a website because I won't be disabling my NoScript blocking just because the ads are served that way.

m0tl3sl4y3r 28-10-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shak (Post 51573)
Hey guys, we don't really have control over what ads you see. It is based on the advertising agency's contract, and where you live. From what I can tell, Canada seems to get the Halo: ODST ads, whereas in UK, I'm getting LOTR Online ads.

Still sorry about that, and yes Halo: ODST does suck, I played the first flashback, and half of the second flashback and haven't been back to it since. Believe it or not, this game is worse than Halo 3 in many many ways.

worse than Halo 3? what is this world coming to....that game is so bad, I can't imaj=gine a game worse than Halo 3

the ODST ad is annyoing, thats just the sound, I can't bring myself to watch it.

and people with 360s pay for this stuff

I don't know which is worse, the game devs for making games like it or 360 owners for buying the games and supporting the development

EDIT: is anyone else getting random popups off of this site?

Nick 08-11-2009 06:17 PM

The worst were the SAW ads, haha. But yeah, like Shak said, we don't have much control over which ads are run, and a lot of it has to do with region and w/e. Unfortunately, the site costs money to run, so we need something offset that lol.

Just think of it this way though - Microsoft is wasting it's marketing dollars on us! A win for PS3 fanboys :P

m0tl3sl4y3r 08-11-2009 07:24 PM

that is a good thought on that, MS is wasting their money on people who don't really give a ****

Jordan 09-11-2009 11:43 AM

I couldn't care less how many ads there are as long as they don't have sound! It makes coming to the site when listening to music a hassle. This site is the only site I've went on where the sound of an ad starts automatically. I haven't seen the ad for about a week though.

m0tl3sl4y3r 09-11-2009 02:21 PM

I haven't seen it in a bit either, hopefully that ad is gone I hate it

trediddy 20-11-2009 01:20 AM

wow worser than halo 3 didnt IGN give it a nine sumthin

m0tl3sl4y3r 23-11-2009 09:17 PM

ok....now Im getting a Forza Motorsport 3 ad...............its even more annoying than the Halo 3 ad