PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Games (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Don't forget to set your DVR? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5997)

glen421 09-07-2009 10:37 AM

Don't forget to set your DVR?

Tonight at 12:30am Gametrailers with have 3min of never before seen game footage for Uncharted 2 Among thieves. It's on Spike.

Dipchit02 09-07-2009 02:22 PM

to bad i dont get spike tv but otherwise i would be watching it and why would you set your DVR just watch it LIVE

glen421 09-07-2009 02:39 PM

I've got an early morning on Friday so I will probably be in bed.

X_Racer1 09-07-2009 07:54 PM

You would think they would learn by now to air Gametrailers earlier than 12:30am, maybe they would get more people to watch the gameplay footage although it's not the end of the world, it will probably hit YouTube within a few minutes of airing anyway.

Dipchit02 09-07-2009 08:31 PM

yea and it will be on gametrailers site i heard like tomorrow at some time or at least by saturday so w/e we can all watch it sooner or later

X_Racer1 09-07-2009 08:39 PM

GameTrailer's site sucks, they made it necessary to register with their dumb website just to download videos, like the AVGN, YouTube is simple, no accounts necessary to get your videos and it's why I'll watch it there. Plus there's too many other sites using Javascript on Gametrailer's website anyway that have nothing to do with making the site work, makes you wonder what there up to.

Dipchit02 09-07-2009 08:50 PM

probably no good but still it is a site and why are you downloading the videos anyways?

X_Racer1 09-07-2009 09:22 PM

Because I like to be able to watch them on my Zune when I'm bored and I need something to fill up my 80GB Zune, I got a bunch of the ScrewAttack videos on my Zune because there rather funny sometimes and I like to relive old games when I don't have them available to actually play, well that and see the Angry Video Game Nerd at work, who doesn't enjoy watching him play the old crappy games.

Dustin S. 09-07-2009 10:12 PM

I usually do that with Zunes too lol, sitting there waiting for class to start gets boring.

However i think its on at 12:30 because most gamers stay up anyways lol. Its not like Spike really has anything better to air....I mean i could care less if the channel existed except for this show. Ill be up though to watch it. Usually hits Gametrailers before it even airs though....

Dipchit02 09-07-2009 10:15 PM

o ok that makes sense i just wouldnt have thought that people did that

X_Racer1 09-07-2009 10:28 PM

Since when would Spike have anything decent, after all there owned by MTV and I'm pretty sure they are incapable of putting out nothing but mindless garbage these days, I swear if you watch 5 minutes of almost any MTV show you would wonder why people would ever want to watch them. It's even worse here because MTV Canada isn't allowed to play music videos (since CTV already had a music video channel) so they have to show more of the crappy shows, not that normal MTV is much better.

SaintAvi 10-07-2009 12:34 AM

East coast, fire up your tv its on

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 12:52 AM

Thats dumb it should air at the same time, but no it HAS to be 12:30...

Also dont be thinking MTV plays music videos here either lol. Its all stupid crap thats making teen girls dumber by the second. Hell Speed TV took the rights to anythin that was decent on MTV, pimp my ride and such. They have a channel on digital TV that supposed to play music, but some how they get away with either playing katy perry 24/7 or nothing at all.

X_Racer1 10-07-2009 01:02 AM

Well here, Pimp My Ride still occasionally plays on MTV Canada which is a digital channel, though it also plays on Much Music, since they are both owned by CTV now and I just watch that show occasionally to see how much they can ruin cars by sticking "fart cans" (tuner mufflers), nitrous and ridiculous paint jobs on poor unsuspecting cars. The worst part is here there is also MTV 2 which gets the even worse crap that MTV doesn't air or doesn't have time for although they do actually play music videos, since there TV license actually allows for that.

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 01:08 AM

We had MTV2 here. They were moving a whole bunch of channels into digital and were saying call in and say you dont want it to happen to your favorite channels. All of them survived except MTV2 so its gone and Speed TV took its place, was so happy.

SaintAvi 10-07-2009 02:20 AM

We've got a clip if anyone missed it

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 02:32 AM

Still have an hour till it airs here...see what i mean its usually on gametrailers first lol.

X_Racer1 10-07-2009 10:51 AM

MTV 2 here is a different channel than the American one, it's the same with Discovery Channel, and a few other channels, so they have to, by law, show at least 30% Canadian content and lets face it, most of the Canadian content is crap. Even Spike TV is different here, here they aren't allowed to show James Bond movies, so when the American counterpart is you can clearly see them just override the signal with something else, same with the commercials.

Dipchit02 10-07-2009 02:49 PM

lol that is kinda weird i mean why cant they show James Bond? and doesnt Spike do like all day Bone marathons alot?

X_Racer1 10-07-2009 02:56 PM

Apparently it's some licensing BS that prevents them from showing James Bond up here, too bad too, it's about the only thing worth watching on Spike.

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 02:59 PM

Lol Spike does the bong marathons like every weekend cus they have nothing better to show. Its stupid they HAVE to sub out stuff for Canadian content. Its the smart thing to do on your own since your trying to attract a differnt audience, but being forced to do it? Im afraid to ask what they sub it out with and what MTV 2 plays there lol...

You wont believe it, i actually say a music video on MTV at like 5 in the morning here, i was amazed!

X_Racer1 10-07-2009 03:05 PM

I don't even know, the minute I see a James Bod marathon supposedly coming on, I know I won't be watching Spike, although a quick search of the Internet turns up they usually play V.I.P, starring Pamela Anderson.

glen421 10-07-2009 03:23 PM

Awesome trailer last night. Game looks good. This is such a tease. I cant' wait for this game.

Dipchit02 10-07-2009 03:29 PM

LOL Dustin i remember the commericals for MTV 2 they were ALL MUSIC ALL THE TIME and i think that lasted like 2 months then it was ok here more the hills and other spoiled rich kid stuff.

but yea the trailer was AMAZING i just watched it on Gametrailers site but is that what the actual game play is going to look like or just the cut scenes cut the graphics were awesome.

Link to Gametrailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...harted-2/52546

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 03:38 PM

Thats the cutscenes that are rendered in game, just like MGS. So the gameplay will look just as legit. They should also have actual single player gameplay (other than what we already saw) on there too.

glen421 10-07-2009 04:41 PM

I do believe that the footage is in game as it would be seen on your PS3. Correct? If it is anything like the first game then I would say actual game play graphics will be very similar to what is in the cutscenes. Agree?

Dustin S. 10-07-2009 05:10 PM

Yeah thats pretty much the finished product. Just like MGS4 the cutscenes will look just like the gameplay as its all in game.

glen421 13-07-2009 10:49 AM

I hope that the rumored Sept. release date is true.

trediddy 13-07-2009 09:29 PM

of course the cutscenes should look like actual gameplay

i was playin the first uncharted and they have really advanced the graphics