PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   My Antivirus is acting funny. (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3557)

DeFX 13-11-2008 05:35 PM

My Antivirus is acting funny.

Hey, I got AVG free edition, and it doesn't stop telling me there's viruses everytime i'm in the forum, I'm pretty sure there not viruses, but I'm just wondering why the hell is it acting like that. The viruses are always located in my temporary internet folder, so I know it has to do with what the forum is putting on my computer to work. The filename are the following: forumdisplay[1].htm and usercp[1].htm

It's really getting annoying, cause everytime I go on the forum, it pops up that threat detection alert, and I mean, every single page from the forum pops up a virus alert.

I don't think you guys can do anything about it cause it's part of your html, I guess I just have to keep igonring this ****. I'm just wondering if anyone else got that problem?

Sauberbmw 13-11-2008 05:39 PM

just get norton antivirus. avg aint a good antivirus software from experience

Reno 13-11-2008 11:16 PM

Norton blows more chunks than AVG dude look up Threat Fire it is a really good free anti virus program

Nicarlo 13-11-2008 11:38 PM

Nothing to worry about.

I can assure you there is no Virus on this entire website. Sometimes AVG will act up when certain ads are displayed which is probably the case here.

We will be doing some changes with our ads shortly which should resolve this problem.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeFX (Post 34018)
Hey, I got AVG free edition, and it doesn't stop telling me there's viruses everytime i'm in the forum, I'm pretty sure there not viruses, but I'm just wondering why the hell is it acting like that. The viruses are always located in my temporary internet folder, so I know it has to do with what the forum is putting on my computer to work. The filename are the following: forumdisplay[1].htm and usercp[1].htm

It's really getting annoying, cause everytime I go on the forum, it pops up that threat detection alert, and I mean, every single page from the forum pops up a virus alert.

I don't think you guys can do anything about it cause it's part of your html, I guess I just have to keep igonring this ****. I'm just wondering if anyone else got that problem?

Sauberbmw 14-11-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reno (Post 34058)
Norton blows more chunks than AVG dude look up Threat Fire it is a really good free anti virus program

norton is the best antivirus there is man. the older nortons slowed computer yes but the new one is the best antivirus software, i should know since i work for technical support

DeFX 15-11-2008 07:11 PM

Allright, Ill definitely check out norton, thank you very much for the assistance.

Sauberbmw 15-11-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeFX (Post 34112)
Allright, Ill definitely check out norton, thank you very much for the assistance.

no problem. glad i can help

hotfiyah 22-11-2008 03:46 AM

Yeah i use AVG currently and its not the smartest decision i've made. I mean its free but like quoted so man times on this forums "more bang for your buck" and unfortunately since AVG is free, your bang is kind of little. =/ Norton is so so, i used to use it but i had problems with spyware, i heard NOD32 is really good.

Reno 23-11-2008 11:57 AM

check out threat fire it is really good thats what i use i switched from avg and i love it works so well. here is the link go check it out for yourself its free http://www.threatfire.com/

Sauberbmw 24-11-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotfiyah (Post 34414)
Yeah i use AVG currently and its not the smartest decision i've made. I mean its free but like quoted so man times on this forums "more bang for your buck" and unfortunately since AVG is free, your bang is kind of little. =/ Norton is so so, i used to use it but i had problems with spyware, i heard NOD32 is really good.

just get adaware and your good to go. there is a free version and a subscription one, the difference is the level of security