PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Games (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   inFamous 2 In the Works Already? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6115)

SaintAvi 17-07-2009 03:12 AM

inFamous 2 In the Works Already?

Sucker Punch have posted several new job openings on their website which may hint that they are beginning work on their next project.

Just a few short months ago inFamous was released by SuckerPunch to much critical praise.

What leads me to believe that its inFamous and not a new entry in the Sly Cooper franchise?

In the posting for lead character artist it reads
  • * Must have shipped a game you?re proud of, and that we?re impressed by.
  • * Must have at least three years of commercial game experience with a strong portfolio of in-game character artwork and 2D character design artwork.
  • * Must have experience with Maya and Zbrush, creating high-quality normal-mapped characters. Equivalent experience in other 3D environments is acceptable.
  • * Need to have strong 2D and texturing skills.
  • * Should be aware of current urban style and street fashion.
  • * Team management experience is a plus.

I know it is vague but with inFamous being set in a modern day metropolis, it seems like a natural lead in for the next game.

Dustin S. 17-07-2009 03:21 AM

They said they would do Sly Cooper if Sony was up to it. Rather or not Infamous is getting a sequal is answered by playing the first lol.

Now im off to learn Zbrush and Maya and make a game im proud off that ill ship to all of you haha.

SaintAvi 17-07-2009 03:24 AM

Super 3d Tic Tac Toe Adventure HD Remix 64?

Dustin S. 17-07-2009 03:58 AM

WTH did you see my concept art or something? lol im really learning it though....one day.

What would you rather see, sly or infamous right now?

SaintAvi 17-07-2009 04:05 AM

I'd chose Sly, I'm interested in seeing how they would translate its visual style to the new generation.

Realistically Im gonna think they are going the inFamous route, they have an engine all ready to go

Dipchit02 17-07-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 46071)
They said they would do Sly Cooper if Sony was up to it. Rather or not Infamous is getting a sequal is answered by playing the first lol.

Now im off to learn Zbrush and Maya and make a game im proud off that ill ship to all of you haha.

lol well if you want a job at Insomniac you should learn Maya anyways :). and i will be waiting for you game Dustin when you are done PM me and i will tell you where to ship it

X_Racer1 17-07-2009 10:57 PM

I would love to see another Sly game, I haven't even finished them on PS2 but they are definitely good games and the leap to next gen graphics would be something to see, just imagine what they could do with that.

trediddy 18-07-2009 12:29 AM

i wanna see both games, but i think infamous is the route they will take

samsonite 20-07-2009 02:57 AM

to be honest, i think another infamous is the way to go - just look at insomniac and naughty dog: both chose to go down a more mature route when making games for the ps3, and both now have very successful 'adult' franchises on their hands

trediddy 20-07-2009 03:00 AM

very true i never thought of it that way

glen421 27-07-2009 10:54 AM

Does anybody know if an update to inFamous is in the works? There are some tweaks to the game that I would like to see.

X_Racer1 27-07-2009 03:00 PM

If there updating inFamous, we need fixes for those moments when Cole can fall through the map and once you do that it's guaranteed death, not that it happens all the time but it is annoying when it happens.

On a separate note, Insomniac and Naughty Dog are still going back to their older franchises even though they have their new series, I see no reason why Sucker Punch won't do the same.

EDIT: The release schedule for Insomniac was Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction then Resistance 2 so in fact Insomniac did not release the sequel before turning their attention back to Resistance but Naughty Dog is indeed releasing it's sequel before the next Jak and Daxter game, just needed to point that out.

samsonite 27-07-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 46770)
On a separate note, Insomniac and Naughty Dog are still going back to their older franchises even though they have their new series, I see no reason why Sucker Punch won't do the same.

Good point, though both companies decided to do a sequel for their new franchises before focusing their attention back on their old series.