PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Microsoft Consoles (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New XBox Confirmed-Read This! (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1965)

TheReaLMaNninG 21-03-2007 11:41 PM

New XBox Confirmed-Read This!

A new Microsoft system has been confirmed. It will be named Zypher, cost $500, and be available to you if you trade in your XBOX 360. I have a PS3, and am a Sony fan, but I have heard that this system is crazy good. It will have 120 GB of memory, and feature 2gb of flash, graphic, music, and video memory. The price of the PS3 is also expected to drop $100! Talk about quick obstacles for our PS3 to deal with! Please respond because I hope to have a hot thread and hear your feelings on the topic.

Sauberbmw 22-03-2007 12:11 AM

its just another futile attempt to derail the ps3. i think they should honestly look at contending with the wii

Quote:

Various news media on Tues. reported that Microsoft will release a new Xbox 360 SKU that will include an HDMI input and a 120GB hard drive.
Dubbed Xbox 360 Elite, the new version will be clad in black and will be sold next to current models, including the Core System and Premium System.

Technology website Engadget on Tues. said that the Elite will cost $479 dollars and the model will eventually be sold as the Premimum System.

In addition, the model will not include a built-in HD DVD drive to compete against Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3, which includes a Blu-ray disc drive for high-definition media.

The addition of a new SKU would mark the first time Microsoft has upgraded the Xbox 360 hardware since launch. In Nov. 2005, Microsoft released the Xbox 360 Core System at $299 and the Premium System at $399.

Sony has began to make revisions to its Playstation 3 hardware months after release due to balooning production costs that produced a loss for each unit sold. It will sell a revised SKU that limits backwards compatibility to older Playstation titles and future models will sport a less costly Cell processor.

Microsoft has shipped 10.4 million Xbox 360s worldwide to date. It expects to ship 12 million by fiscal June.
http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=3924

MattZani 22-03-2007 01:36 PM

most of this news was dismissed as lies. HDMI will be coming to 360 eventually, along with built in Wi-Fi and HDDVD, but no actual performance increase, and definitely no trade in's. by this time PS3 will have dropped in price, great games come out and the Zephyr will be pointless!

Matt

puggy 22-03-2007 03:09 PM

on attack of the show...it said it could be a april fools joke....of the magazine since the issue about that thing was published in the april's..issue....
but god who knows

MattZani 22-03-2007 04:12 PM

it just seems unlikely, especially the trade in part, MS are tight fisted!

Matt

juicyjuice107 23-03-2007 03:39 PM

well it is real and is coming out may 1st with a $479 price tag!

Payne 23-03-2007 05:26 PM

juicy its not real M$ has yet to confirm anything but i have heard about zypher it is said to be released around christmas and just think were getting close to april 1st (april fools day) so alot of the news you may see on sites are justs jokes.

kingofgrills 23-03-2007 06:23 PM

It's all just another turd coming out of the rumor mill. Improvements to the 360 will certainly come as it tries to keep up with the PS3, but nothing has been announced yet. Microsoft is currently denying all of the rumors, and they adamantly deny the 360 will ever have a HD-DVD drive built in.

WhiteChrome 23-03-2007 08:52 PM

there will be improvements a black "elite" they call it, xbox 360 is going to be released with 120gb HDD and HDMI but no integrated HD DVD

MattZani 24-03-2007 07:22 AM

Chrome, everyone's been saying its not true, then you have no proof! the pictured 360 is either PS, or its sprayed (although there's a rumour that some developers got black grayish 360's)

Matt

puggy 25-03-2007 03:24 PM

they want to spur a story to actually get 360 some good press for a moment then they will find out it is not true. they wish they could compete with sony

Kasaioni 25-03-2007 03:29 PM

I bet this is not true, it looks totaly fake.

puggy 25-03-2007 10:19 PM

that was what i was thinking

TheReaLMaNninG 25-03-2007 10:55 PM

If you haven't already noticed, xbox 360 is killing ps3 in everything except the fact that ps3 has bu-ray. I'm saying this truthfully becuase I am a sony fan and have a ps3 which i love. But if your really being honest, I think 360 is better than every category except for extra features, controller, and blu-ray compatibility.

Birdy 26-03-2007 12:00 AM

I've never heard of this "Zypher" before.

I think it depends on the person's opinion to see if xbox 360 is 'killing' the ps3. They both their advantages and disadvantages to make them on par with each other.

puggy 26-03-2007 12:35 AM

yeah opposing companies consoles...both will always have pros and cons.
in the end they both probably will not be far aprat from each other

jrotondo23 26-03-2007 01:27 AM

i saw this in gameinformer it is looking decent not worth the money though....$479 you gotta be kiddin me? Makes the ps3 look cheaper anyways...

kingofgrills 26-03-2007 05:43 AM

Honestly, I'm hard pressed to think the 360 is "killing" the PS3 in every category, is a fair statement. Yes, at the moment there are more games available for the 360, and Live is certainly more established than the Playstation's current online status, but the PS3's just getting started. It launched in the US and Japan 4 months ago, and last week in Europe.

The PS3 and Wii overtook the 360 in Japan their first month out of the gate. Who's getting "killed" in that situation?

Give it time, man. Does there really have to be a winner and loser in this thing? We'll all benefit from having multiple successful consoles available. The bottom fell out of the video game market in 1983 or so, and we don't need to have something like that happen again. There's a place for all three consoles.

jrotondo23 26-03-2007 08:40 AM

very true there is a place for all three consoles it gets difficult though i think because of the rising costs of these machinesn ow, the ps3 costs sony a crapload to produce, so company's who may not rule the market cud end up being in trouble in the end.

puggy 26-03-2007 06:35 PM

yeah there is definetly room for all 3, because everyones taste in what kind of games are different...and this and that. but yeah ps3 did just get started and 360 been out a year...give ps3 some time...some ps3 games like oblivion look better on some parts than 360...thats a positive. Didn't that 1983 video game market like crash..with what was it atari or what i remember watching some over that on g4tv saying something about atari company or somethign cannot remember.