PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   interests besides video games? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5369)

m0tl3sl4y3r 22-05-2009 05:57 PM

interests besides video games?

what else are people on this site into besides video games?

Personally my other interests are music, guitar and rugby

Dustin S. 23-05-2009 02:53 AM

Lets see

Im a writer, big plus with the girls lol, if used correctly...
I like working on cars, what guy doesnt? My camaro mostly
Video games, oh wait
Then the biggy, im a film maker student at university and dedicate my time to that dream coming true when im not writing for this site. Id also like to be in video games industry, maybe as a script writer. Rihanna Pratchet is a pretty good writer, and hot lol, maybe i can be like that one day. Insomniac here i come, i hope haha

Kiri 23-05-2009 05:53 AM

I am a musician, I write music for my band and sometimes write lyrics.
I am a blogger, who writes anime review on a semi popular blog in the Chinese ACG community.
I am a student, triple majoring economics, actuary and Japanese, which I guess could be my interest too.
and of course, I am a friend, who hang out with my friends.

m0tl3sl4y3r 23-05-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiri (Post 40267)
I am a musician, I write music for my band and sometimes write lyrics.
I am a blogger, who writes anime review on a semi popular blog in the Chinese ACG community.
I am a student, triple majoring economics, actuary and Japanese, which I guess could be my interest too.
and of course, I am a friend, who hang out with my friends.

man, I'm a musician to, what kind of band are u in?

I'm, not in any bands yet though

Kiri 23-05-2009 05:03 PM

Pop/Rock band

lloyd 25-05-2009 05:09 PM

Well, I read books in my spare time, however, I don't have much of that anymore.
MMA. Next year I'm going to try and join a gym to practice it.
Umm, oh yeah, I love art. All kinds. Can't get enough of it.

tonzie 26-05-2009 12:30 PM

Well, I enjoy long walks on the beach..
Haha joking. Besides videogames, I'd say I do a lot of animation, software design (lol games, but that's game related), web design, music recording and composing, and I write.
By the way, Dustin is right. Writing drives the girls crazy. ;)

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 04:15 PM

Football: love to watch but also love to get a game going with some friends

Fishing: always have enjoyed catching the fish

Hunting: been doing this since i was 12 now

Archery: just got into 3-D archery in the past 5 years or so

EIN 04-06-2009 11:29 PM

whats 3d archery?

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 12:32 AM

do you knwo what spot shooting is? like what they do int he Olympics just stand in one spot and shoot at a target. well 3D archery is basically where you walk around a course of 15-30 targets (usually) ranging anywhere from 1yard to 50 yards and you shoot at 3D foam target in the shape of animals like Deer, turkey, bear etc. there are rings on the animal that give you your score

Putty180 05-06-2009 02:20 AM

i like mainly golfing and fishing so i figure i am set to retire anytime

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 01:41 PM

Golfing is a good time i got out with my buddies every now and then

EIN 05-06-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 41254)
do you knwo what spot shooting is? like what they do int he Olympics just stand in one spot and shoot at a target. well 3D archery is basically where you walk around a course of 15-30 targets (usually) ranging anywhere from 1yard to 50 yards and you shoot at 3D foam target in the shape of animals like Deer, turkey, bear etc. there are rings on the animal that give you your score

like virtual? or with actual targets

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 05:02 PM

they are actual targets that are made of foam and stuff. some of the big organization down in the US are ASA (Archery Shooters Association (asaarchery.com)) and IBO (International Bowhunting Organization(ibo.net)) if you want to check them out to get some more information on the sport

Nikhil 05-06-2009 08:33 PM

I've been playing the violin since I was 3, so music I guess lol. I do a lot of mountain biking too.

Kiri 06-06-2009 03:54 AM

omg Nikhil!!!!

did you go down the ABRSM path or with the Conservatoires...?

Nikhil 06-06-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiri (Post 41362)
omg Nikhil!!!!

did you go down the ABRSM path or with the Conservatoires...?

No, I don't really want music to ever be a job for me. I could have if I had worked towards it for the past few years, but I want to keep music as something I choose to do, not something I have to do.

I think I may have a recording or two of me playing, I'll check and see if I can upload it...

EDIT: Yeah, I have a couple of me playing bach. They're not perfect, especially the 2nd one, but w/e. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eiltg2z2ztu and http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1gidynmy0jg

Dipchit02 06-06-2009 12:38 PM

music is cool i used to be in the the High School marching band if that counts :)