PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PS3 Motion controller? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5519)

Dipchit02 02-06-2009 06:39 PM

PS3 Motion controller?

I really am just wondering what people think of this? better than the Wii? woudl you rather have Natal from the 360.

personally it just looks like the Wii motion plus controller but it also looks like it is a little more accurate and with 2 wiimotes instead of a nunchuck and no cord and the Natal to me just looks like the Playstation Eyetoy revamped either way both Sony and Microsoft took their stuff from someone else IMO

Dustin S. 02-06-2009 10:52 PM

Im not much for motion stuff but this looked pretty damn cool. The fact that it can be used in actual games sold it for me. I mean FPS? ! Thats just crazy.

Natal was nifty but all it was is a PS3 Eye with 3d space....Then the whole talking to the character thing. Sure thats neat, it understands, it connects like a real person, but why not just talk to a real person? Thats just my questions. It would be something i play with for a day then get tired of it until it moves further.

Dipchit02 02-06-2009 11:10 PM

the Milo kid thing was more of a demo of what it can do for like games and stuff than just the game. and the motion controller seems liek the wii and the Natal is the eyetoy everyone is ripping everyone off but it does ahve some cool features i think. and FPS with Sony motion controls is sweet i think i woudl play that

EIN 02-06-2009 11:12 PM

For those who haven't seen the tech demo

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...tation-3/50276

That thing looks goofy as ****. And they couldnt have picked a guy more awkward?! At least train him a little to speak in public, jeez I felt like I was watching a high school oral (and not the sexual kind).
Back to the main point, the thing is goofy looking, feels like a gimmick, and the tech demos failed to impress me. Wii-esque shovelware, here we go.

Do you know how tired you'd get from playing FPS with motion controls?!!

"Cool looking sphere at the..." You can shove your sphere someplace else, thank you very much. Why not expand on Sixaxis more? Why go for a totally new gimmick thats been done to death? For shame sony. For shame.

SaintAvi 02-06-2009 11:21 PM

It looks a bit goofy but lets remember that they said it is a prototype that will in all likelihood look very different

Dipchit02 02-06-2009 11:51 PM

you cant bash on it fr the looks they even said that it was going to change and they know that it looks weird. i for one will be just as happy sitting on the couch playing with the Dualshock 3

Dustin S. 03-06-2009 05:34 AM

Just remember it was a tech demo. I think it was kind of a bad idea showing it now, i mean it looks nifty and they want you to look at the potential more than anything but people are looking at it as a final product. mid way through he said "this needs a trigger" and he replied "really we should ad that in then" or something like that. Its a test, Sony wanted to get it out there to say its coming....

Was kind of a bad idea doing it right after Natal though. I think we need to wait and see how both play out. Sonys wasnt finished and MS was set up to do everything the way they see it bein used, not how it will actually be used, so anything is possible. If anything it will end up like the eye? I dont know, i saw we wait till these things hit the market first, possibly till next years E3....

Joshua 03-06-2009 07:27 AM

i lose a little respect for sony jumping on the motion control bandwagon

i think time has already proven that motion control is just a trendy gimmick. sure the wii has sold great, but that's because it captured the fancy of casual gamers, but we all know that casual gamers do not equal hardcore gamers and really hardcore gamers are the bread and butter of the industry

and i also second EIN's comments. it felt very rushed. sony needs not spread itself thin and instead focus primarily on securing and producing top notch IPs

i think the sixaxis controller is the extent to which sony should delve into motion control

Shak 03-06-2009 07:47 AM

I think it looks better than the Wii remote, because the guys was holding two separate controllers and they weren't linked in anyway but they worked together. Also it boasts 1:1 motion control. With Project Natal, it looks good, but when I saw it I thought, "this stuff isn't going to work" and also sometimes you need to be able to hold something. When they showed that girl driving, it just looked awkward

SaintAvi 03-06-2009 11:42 AM

Do I like it, yeh, Will I ever use it, doubtful

Kiri 03-06-2009 12:05 PM

My friend gave it a nickname called the PS vibrator...

In anycase. It will be useful if there are studios that would like to utilize its ability. Like ThatGameCompany did with SIXAXIS

Dipchit02 03-06-2009 02:04 PM

well yeah it did look weird but i mean still that was just the prototype that they had i mean that was by no means the finished product actually that is like the FIRST thing the guy said lol

but i think it woudl be cool for like an FPS like that guy was showing

Dustin S. 03-06-2009 03:52 PM

If its FPS like they were showing the squirt guns, it has so much potential. Like always however, its going to take first party devs to use it first because third party doesnt want to bother....It took for ever for them to just use the cells haha.

Dipchit02 03-06-2009 05:46 PM

im sure that like insomniac and other companies that produce exclusively for the Playstation will come up with some good stuff. but i still dont know how much as a "hardcore" gamer i would use it. i thought it was funny that Sony's demo for the archery was better than Nintendos Wii Resort thing

EIN 04-06-2009 11:16 PM

Natal > Sony... vibrator... stick... thing

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 11:49 PM

idk man i am not sold on Natal at all to me i like having a controller to do stuff i mean how do you shoot a gun with Natal? i mean it is good for things that dont require buttons to be pressed but even at that i think Sony has the best of both worlds they have the camera so they can do the skateboard scan thingy if they want to and they have 3D space movement but they also have a controller with AMAZING accuracy to push the buttons. So as of right now i think Sony is in he best position and to me Natal just looks like the Eyetoy with better software

EIN 05-06-2009 12:02 AM

not better software... the BEST software. Who can beat them right now?

MS projected NATAL to extend the 360's lifespan to 2015... that's huge

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 12:21 AM

the PS3 lifespan has been project out past then aka 10 years putting it at 2016 and if they dont come out with a new system before 2015 they will be WAY behind the curve in the next gen of systems. and im not saying that Natal is not good im just saying i think that what Sony has is better

Putty180 05-06-2009 01:49 AM

i think it is a little gimmicky and i woudl just liek the PS3 and 360 to not even get into that market at all

Dipchit02 05-06-2009 01:34 PM

it might be gimmicky but they are just trying to get the some of the Wii money which you really cannot blame them for