PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Games (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Medal of Honor BETA (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8825)

Dipchit02 26-06-2010 02:15 PM

Medal of Honor BETA

just wondering if anyone here is playing in the BETA or not, if you do what do you think of it? My impressions so far is that it is pretty fun but I do not like the muzzle flashing being so HUGE, it take quite awhile to kill someone (about 4 shots with a sniper from 5 feet away) you have to put a like a clip and half into someone before they die with a normal assault rifle, in the 20 some odd matches i have played i have only seen the insurgents win ONCE (in the "mission" mode not deathmatch), some times you will get spawned right in the line of fire and literally die before you can move. With all those things that I do not really like i do really enjoy playing the game but it can get pretty frustrating some times. Is there no headset support in the game? because i NEVER hear anyone talk and i put mine one and try talking and i dont know if it is going through to anywhere

Nick 26-06-2010 02:19 PM

Played a few games, not a fan. I mean, it plays well, but it doesn't have any sort of personality.

Dipchit02 26-06-2010 02:55 PM

yeah i get what you are saying. It feels a little rough right now but it is a beta and I think that it has a pretty solid base right now just some tweeks

Dustin S. 26-06-2010 06:11 PM

Im loving it. You can obviously tell where the line of "finished game" and "still beta" is. I mean the hit area, the freezing before you die, the clunkyness, all that will be worked out by launch.

Other than that I think they need to make a major change.
-Needs custom weapon classes. What it has now is just boring. I dont like having one gun on the soldier sides, then the AK on the other side. Its a disadvantage. They need to implement what Socom and Resistance did.
-It needs to not play like Battlefield so much. Over and over i keep thinking its just a new Battlefield. Which is fine for a BF game, but this needs to be more arcadish.

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-06-2010 09:32 PM

I was watching a video of it and it does look a lot like Battlefield.
I'm not in but kinda wish I was.
how did people get the beta keys?

Dipchit02 26-06-2010 09:41 PM

I think you can get the beta key by pre ordering the game. I got mine from a website that was giving them away though. There was a patch released today which does help with the freezing issue a bit.

Dustin S. 27-06-2010 07:35 AM

Ps3 doesnt lock up and freeze anymore, but it still freezes when you die.

The build i got to play at E3 was way better. the textures were all complete, the visuals were better, and it all ran completely smooth without any problems at all. It seemed like a whole differnt game to be honest with you. I dont know if its because they restricted stuff due to it being a download or what.

Dipchit02 27-06-2010 03:58 PM

well what you played at E3 was that online or was it single player stuff?