View Single Post
Old 31-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The Reason Why the PSP Go! Battery isn't Removable

Well it's a problem you can't ignore, PSP piracy, and while I don't condone such a practice it is commonplace, especially with the existence of the "Pandora's Battery" exploit. Now the new PSP, the PSP Go! doesn't have a removable battery and I think it's pretty self evident why, as PlayStation Insider has revealed the battery is not removable so piracy can be prevented. As quoted by Sony's John Koller:

"We've had a lot of success with the 3000. While the earlier models of the PSP were incredibly easy to use with ripped or downloaded games, the PSP Go is going to make things tougher on the pirates. You won't be able to rip your games and play them on the system, the firmware precludes that." "There's no external battery, so there's a number of protections put into place on the system."

While I see their reasoning I also have to think, having a removable battery makes it much easier to extend the life of your gaming system as batteries don't last forever (Well technically I'm sure the battery can be replaced if you willing to pay for the repair and go without your console for a few weeks) and even with these protections, hackers will break the system, everything has been at some point, they just find different ways.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 31-08-2009 at 03:29 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote