View Single Post
Old 22-03-2009   #4
PCN Senior
First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the seemingly inflammatory first post. It seems I used unnecessarily abrupt language to express my point, and can perhaps be seen as an attack. Believe me when I say it is nothing of the kind.

Thank you for explaining everything so succintly and coherently.
Of course I realize that it would be nigh on impossible to get information about the gaming industry without referencing some outside source. It is, after all, a community, and information isn't free. Developpers will ALWAYS favor big names like Kotaku, IGN, etc. to get the word out, and smaller stations in the industry will invariably fall back upon whatever the big names dole out. There is nothing wrong with that at all, it's just the way the world works. Perhaps the issue I had with the article in question stemmed more from the way it was presented more than the content itself. Maybe just taking an audio excerpt of the quote mentioned in the article would have been easier than watching half of the 30 minute podcast on another gaming website. And while everyone would like more original content, I know its hard to come by, and even harder to put out. It is definitely easier to say "I want more!" than to magically come up with it. Perhaps here is where our growing community can help out, with user input and media.

I'm glad you guys also got to explain where, why and how this site works to whoever reads this. I hope that any visitor of this site will be able to digest this and realize how much time and effort is put into this website by the staff here at PCN. These guys do alot of work for the site (sometimes without sleeping all night!!!) and rarely get any recognition.
I also hope that whoever handles PR gets a glimpse at how frustrating it can be to not get replies, to be shut down without any explanation and basically be ignored. Despite the enormous amounts of emails those guys probably receive, sometimes a simple "no thank you" would go a long way.

In the end, I stand by my original thought though: we need to be the source of information.
Hopefully one day soon, PCN will become a standard just like IGN or Gametrailers!

Last edited by EIN; 22-03-2009 at 10:33 PM..
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote