View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #10
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I dont believe you can run anything off the external. For example a game installs it will install to the internal, download stuff to the internal (unless its a video, it will then give you an option), and gamesaves go to the internal. You can read gamesaves from an external but i dont think it works ingame, has to be internal. Thats due to the stupid "copyright" stuff on everything, its locked to your account.

Honestly though, i was screwing around and its super hard to break anything doing it. Literlly just pop off the side with a flathead, unscrew the one screw, then grab the little handle and pop it out. Its in a little shell so nothing wil harm it. Sony made it so its easy to do this, average people lol. I say just go mess with it right now...Go take it out, see what it looks like, then put it back in. Then when you get a new one, take it out again, unscrew the 4 little screws on the casing, put in the new one, then put it back.

Just some tips
-Dont use a magnetic screwdriver. Magnets will mess up hard drives.
-I did it on carpet, but its probably best not to lol. Static electricity build up could zap the drive.

Other than that there really is no worries at all.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote