View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Black Hawk Down, greatest movie ever made.

However I dont think either director is really out of this world at all, let alone both look like they can be douchbags.

I mean you have James Cameron that cant do anything not based on a standard love story. Avatar itself wasnt that creative, it was just pocohontus on steroids. If you want to talk about the visuals being out of this world, then you have no idea what makes a good movie or have never watched a Tim Burton/Michal Bay movie. Your always told to "make what you like" but come on. I love war movies, action movies, yet ive still written a love story and a comedy, and several other things that ive enjoyed. It takes skill to create a story, its just fun to create visuals.

So in this case Scott takes the cake because of purely being capable of exploring EVERYTHING and have success with EVERYTHING without following the same basic procudure with all his stuff. And like I said, Black Hawk Down is probably one of the greatest movies ever made.

There are so many better directors though. Troy Duffy stomps all over them with Boondock Saints, Tim Burton (alice in wonderland blows away Avatar), and of course Clint Eastwood.

Might as well ask if Michal Bay is better than these two.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote