View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005   #2
1337 Sauce
I thought I'd add a little tutorial on how to do it for a 2.0 psp.

On a v2.0 psp you can't do a 12 month changing background set up, but you can do cuztom backgrounds with any pictures you have on your psp, and switch them at any time, and you don't need pspersonalize.

What you need
-PSP
-USB cord (for psp) or memory stick reader for a pc
-Some kind of compatable picture that you have on your pc (eg. gif, jpeg)

Step 1
Get a picture and save it to your computer. Open it in a image editing program if you want to edit the size so it will fit the psp screen perfectly. You will need to crop and resize it so it is 272x480 HxW that is in pixels.

Step 2
Turn on your psp, and connect the usb cord from your pc to your psp. Enter usb mode on your psp.

Step 3
On your computer, open up to the folder you have your picture in, and copy it. then go into "My computer" and find a removable drive maybe drive g,e,etc. and open it up. You should find a folder in it that says psp (if not your in the wrong drive) open up the folder named "psp" and then you should see some other folders. If there isn't a folder called "photo" make one, and then just open it up and paste your picture in there.

Step 4
Unplug your psp from your pc, and go to the Image section, and find the image you want as the background. open up that image on your psp. Hit triangle, and find the button that says "set as wallpaper" Press X on that and it should set it as your wallpaper.

Step 5
Exit out of the image you are viewing and look at your new background.

Tips
Don't use white backgrounds, because it is hard to see the icons
Keep a bunch of background pictures saved on your psp for fast switching
Check out this site for tons of background over 10000 and growing www.pspwallpapers.com