Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-07-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
PS3 takes over 360 in sales!!!! Well, in 2011.

Read a very interesting article with nice graphs.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
And that's assuming that Sony would just sit around and not give a price cut which we all know is coming and from what I have read on the Internet, a lot of people are just waiting for $100 off the console and they are jumping onboard. Whenever it happens there will be a huge surge in sales, thereby accelerating the PS3 even further towards overtaking the 360, who knows, maybe with price cuts, sales could increase so much the PlayStation 3 could overtake the Wii, I mean with a $100 price cut, it would bring it within $20-40 of the Wii's price and at that point people really should be considering which system gives you more.
Old 27-07-2009   #3
PCN Addict
I have bee seeing the same chatter as well. I was thinking the PS3 would need to be near the $250 range for sales to pick up. I am really surprised Sony didn't cut $100 sooner with all the great exclusives we are seeing this year. But as we have seen statements from Sony a price cut just wasn't feasible in the spring. Well let's hope it happens soon, because I am hearing that some Sony 1st party developers may need to go multi to stay in buisness.
Old 27-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
well yea i have been saying for a while now that PS3 is selling more per year than the 360 did when it came out which is basically all that this saying. and to me it is inevitable that the PS3 over takes the 360
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #5
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
And that's assuming that Sony would just sit around and not give a price cut which we all know is coming and from what I have read on the Internet, a lot of people are just waiting for $100 off the console and they are jumping onboard. Whenever it happens there will be a huge surge in sales, thereby accelerating the PS3 even further towards overtaking the 360, who knows, maybe with price cuts, sales could increase so much the PlayStation 3 could overtake the Wii, I mean with a $100 price cut, it would bring it within $20-40 of the Wii's price and at that point people really should be considering which system gives you more.
True but you must also consider that Sony is still losing money on the ps3, even with the new upgrades and changes. in order for the ps3 to drop to the 250 price range, we have to see major leaps in technology of the ps3 to even consider it. Should Sony do it? yes they should. is it feasible? no due to the high manufacturing costs and the weak economy.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #6
PCN Master
I was speculating for the $300 range, same price as the Pro 360 console and only $20 off the Wii's price and with the changes they plan on making, reducing components and die sizes and the fact Blu-Ray is starting to catch on, it's not unfeasible for them to drop the price in the future and if the slim comes out Sony is definitely in the position to bring down the price of the console since it's already requires cost reduction to produce a slim console as parts need to be consolidated just to get everything to fit into one small package and keep heat under control.
Old 27-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
well, I know a lot of people who are waiting for the price to drop, but I would love to see the PS3 beat the 360
Old 28-07-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
yep that would be sweet we would get to shut up all those fanboys

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #9
PCN Addict
I came across this article yesterday. So the Sony camp is up to something. I hope at this time it is a price drop and not a slim model. Wait till next year Sony for the slim.
Old 28-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
The slim would make a price cut possible since it costs less to make a slim console due to needing to consolidate components and make things smaller just to fit everything. So a slim coming out is a good thing as it would result in a price cut, after all Sony probably wants it as much as we do as it doesn't take a genius to figure out a price cut would boost sales.
Old 28-07-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The price drop should cinch things, 299 is a nice round number for people
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
witht he PS3 and the 360 at the same price the 360 doesnt stand a chance at all even with the PS3 being 50 bucks i dont think the 360 has a chance
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
witht he PS3 and the 360 at the same price the 360 doesnt stand a chance at all even with the PS3 being 50 bucks i dont think the 360 has a chance
hopefully what u say is true