Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 22-05-2007   #1
PCN Senior
Are the PS3 sales really something Sony should be worried about?

These graphs from VGchartz show the PS3 not doing so bad in the same time period as other consoles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?...ign=1&weekly=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?...g3=All&align=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?...g3=All&align=1
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007   #2
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
i think that they should be, they are getting their A$$ kicked by the 360 & the Wii, and if you look at it by weekly sales without launches aligned, PS3 is getting beat out every week except for a couple weeks after christmas, Sony needs to find a new selling point, drop the price or include a game in their packaging, or both if they want to be ahead of Wii & 360 sometime in the near future
Old 22-05-2007   #3
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
well they should include a game like motorstorm with the console or something god sony you are at a really bad point right now!!!
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007   #4
PCN Senior
yes there bad weekly sales but if they had an amazing game comeout the sales would rise for a few weeks and then all sony need to do is time there best games on month after the next and the sales will keep momentum and be better than the 360s, maybe not the wiis cause there just insane.
Old 24-05-2007   #5
The Moderator
PS3's constantly evolving, you can now easily connect the PS3 to a network, it can give you internet on your PSP, and games are getting better and better.

slowly the Wii is getting abit old, less people want one, and the 360's got nothing new, the last update bricked 360's!

Have Faith, no rage iz powaaaa
Old 24-05-2007   #6
PCN Senior
I can honestly say i dont want a Wii because there are no games i want now or in the next year and the motion sensing is cool but not at that scale it is better to give gamers a choice like what they have done with the PS3 with the Sixaxis.Giving the gamer a choice between button play and motion play.
Old 25-05-2007   #7
I own your soul! (Mod)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auron View Post
I can honestly say i dont want a Wii because there are no games i want now or in the next year and the motion sensing is cool but not at that scale it is better to give gamers a choice like what they have done with the PS3 with the Sixaxis.Giving the gamer a choice between button play and motion play.
Foul, filthy and evil lies, you're in denial my firend, but that's not the point.

They do offer a choice between button play and motion control, the classic contoller attatchment allows game developers to make game for the Wii like it was a gamecube, no point though because the extent of the Wii's motion control is awesome, tilting indeed.

And the Wii will mantain a relative high, because of it's cunning exclusiveness, more people want one and the're spread out over a larger time. If they'd managed to make all the Wiis people wanted on launch then they would be richer than Bill Gates.
Old 25-05-2007   #8
"The New Guy"
I think sony should be worried. IMO i dont think the do enough to get people to want the system.
RAMPAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007   #9
1337 Sauce
Sony doesn't need to worry yet. They are actively working hard to improve the features of the system - it's clearly evident with update 1.8. The system hasn't been fully implemented yet, and Sony realizes that. Until Home is released, and the online community platform is fully enabled, the PS3 will offer a very compelling reason for gamers to pick up a PS3. Plus, there are some killer titles getting ready to unleash, beginning with Lair next month.

The PS3 is just getting warmed up. Give it a little time.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007   #10
"The New Guy"
no. just had to post at least once
Cliffbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007   #11
"The New Guy"
no, because it is still too early to say anything. things can change in a matter of seconds if not days or month. they're prolly not doing too good right now but hey, so did the ps2 back when its first release, and it still conquered its generation.
ganstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007   #12
PCN Senior
NinjaSimon name one game for the Wii that uses a gamecube controller.
All games for the Wii use motion sensing name one that doesnt.
And i still dont want a Wii.
Old 26-05-2007   #13
I own your soul! (Mod)
I never said they used the Classic Controller (which plugs into the Wiimote and is used for some VC games), I said that "no point though because the extent of the Wii's motion control is awesome".

"And i still dont want a Wii."
Then I pray for your poor and empty life, deviod of happiness, drifting through lonliness and exempt from feeling.
Old 26-05-2007   #14
PCN Senior
I am guessing you own a Wii then.i dont want a Wii now because there arent many games that i want at the moment.I might get one when Metroid comes out for it though.
Old 26-05-2007   #15
I own your soul! (Mod)
Yes, I do own a Wii, although I would swap it for a girlfriend in a second... (can't imagimne when a situation like that might occur of course) I was just kidding, been really tired lately, but if you look at the Wii sale compared to the ps3 (and even the DS to the psp) Nintendo is coming out alot stronger than last gen.
Old 26-05-2007   #16
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
ur just a nintendo fanboy simon but i would get a wii but waiting for its rumored price cut to 200$ and some new colors to come out!
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007   #17
"The New Guy"
The PS3, will do fine after this year SONY would want to lower their price just a notch after they have made some serious changes like removing the emulators for PS & PS2, plus the reduction to the size of the cell chip.

These are plans which they have discussed over the INTERNET sometime back. So I would not worry to much about them getting their butts kicked by likes of Wii & 360. These two machine are nothing compared to the raw power of the PS3, which is truly a next gen piece of hardware.

As for the 360, MS is not interested with providing the gamers out there with some solid entertainment, they are more keen in making money, since they are not a entertainment company by default. Plus 61% of their bloody machines has broken down with no real help from MS. They don't care about the gamers, they only care about lining their own grease pockets.

Well this my two cents worth.

Last edited by Wulf Heart; 28-05-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Wulf Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #18
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf Heart View Post
The PS3, will do fine after this year SONY would want to lower their price just a notch after they have made some serious changes like removing the emulators for PS & PS2, plus the reduction to the size of the cell chip.

These are plans which they have discussed over the INTERNET sometime back. So I would not worry to much about them getting their butts kicked by likes of Wii & 360. These two machine are nothing compared to the raw power of the PS3, which is truly a next gen piece of hardware.

As for the 360, MS is not interested with providing the gamers out there with some solid entertainment, they are more keen in making money, since they are not a entertainment company by default. Plus 61% of their bloody machines has broken down with no real help from MS. They don't care about the gamers, they only care about lining their own grease pockets.

Well this my two cents worth.

ok first off, the cell there using is small, (about the size of your top thumb by four) its just that its used for medical imaging not gaming.....
and for everyone, its been proven that out of the 700 000 systems shipped for the first year, 300 000 of them malfunctioned!!!! after a year, anyways, the xbox 360 breaks down anyways....

for the sales, same thing hapened to the ps2, it had slow salesbut by the end of its first year, it sky rocketed. and i totaly agree with you, the ps3 is truly a nextgen system!!
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007   #19
"The New Guy"
are the ps3 sales really something YOU should be worried about?
ganstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007   #20
1337 Sauce
Wulf Heart, I dunno if you should toss around stats with no refs. 61% of 360s have died and M$ has done nothing? Um, B.S. Maybe you go that confused with 0.61%. I do agree with you that M$ seems more money driven at times, but they've also worked hard to build an awesome online network that Sony won't surpass until Home, assuming Home lives up to the hype....