Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Stallworth gets 30 days for Manslaughter

You guys may have heard but Donte Stallworth of the Cleveland Browns hit and killed a pedestrian in March while driving drunk. He killed Mario Reyes, a cuban immigrant who worked the night shift to support his family.

It's almost poetically sick that Stallworth struck and killed the meager nightshift worker while driving his Bentley. Long story short Stallworth paid off Reyes's family and was sentenced to 30 days in prison along with other few sanctions like losing his license, pretty much a slap on the wrist when looking at the crime he committed, to top things off he only served 24 days.

To me it seems justice can be likened to Mario Reyes,struck by the obscenely rich and left in submission.

What do you guys think about this? Celebrity justice or justice served?
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The thing i dont get. Why is Vick serving ten times worse for abusing dogs, yet Stallworth kills a PERSON and walks off with a slap on the wrist? The NFL said nothing, while they are thinking about banning Vick. The media did nothing while they do everything in their power to make Vick lose his job and ruin his career.

Just seems like animal rights people care so much about animals that they get harsher rules. Its like why you can kill people in every game known to man, yet you shoot at a attack dog or something and there is suddenly problems.

Stallworth should be serving longer than that. Him driving drunk annoys the absolute hell out of me, then he killed a person. If anything it should be the same as Vicks!
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I agree with Dustin and I do not think justice has been served
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Sounds just like Dan Snyder and Dany Heatley when Heatley was driving drunk and ended up crashing his car, killing Dan Snyder. Heatley walked away having to do community service and have a speed limiter installed in his cars. What a joke, how can we have a real justice system, if all you need to get away with it is fame and a lot of cash. It's even more sickening when you consider what Dustin mentioned about Vick, apparently we have more concern for the poor dogs then fellow humans, apparently some animal rights activists haven't got their heads on straight.
Old 13-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i dont understand how this is so low i mean he killed a man and was drving dunk and ONLY served 24 days i mean vick got wat a year or two for having dog fights and Stallworth kills a man and ONLY gets 24 days no that is not right at all. i think the Commissioner should kick him out of the league for at least a year or two.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
Maybe he was telling the truth when he said that the guy just walked right out in front of him. If it truely wasn't his fault, that it shouldn't matter that he was drunk. Yes he should be punished, but say the camera that captured it (I remember reading somewhere there was on) shows that it wasn't Stallworth's fault, that would explain it.

That's the only thing I can think of.
gamingwiz09 is offline   Reply With Quote