Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Forza 3 on multiple discs?

i was reading something today and they were saying that Forza 3 was going to be on multiple discs and i was like really and i got to wondering what other 360 games are on more than just one disc? but thought it was funny that people say Forza is better than GT and then i hear this and just LAUGH
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Haven't found any website that is saying such a thing and if it's true surely it would be receiving plenty of coverage since it's a huge win for the PlayStation 3 and Blu-Ray if the 360 will start having games that don't fit on a single disc anymore.
Old 21-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
i had heard of a few games that were on 2 or so but they were like RPGs or something like that but those were the only ones and i think that FF13 will be on 2 or 3 discs easy
Old 21-07-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Latest article on the home page...ID confirmed that Rage and Doom 4 will be on multiple discs while PS3 owners will enjoy one full Blu-ray. Rage is currently 2 discs, because they couldnt divide it up more, and Doom 4 will have at least 3.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
Well chalk one up to Sony for thinking ahead when they went with Blu-Ray but then again it's been like that for every console released, we went from CD to DVD to Blu-Ray where Microsoft stuck with the same format for two consoles and from all indications unless they are willing to work with Blu-Ray their next console is either using DVD's or is going to be completely hard drive based.
Old 21-07-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
More than likely Hard Drive based. It would require them to pay Sony for every 360 sold for the Bluray drive, Sony could easily back out of it (not saying they would be stupid), plus the sony logo would more than likely be next to every Blu-ray logo on the console. Let alone Blu-ray movies tend to advertise sony product.

Im pretty sure it will either be a "higher end" DVD that they will use for games specificly, with Blu-ray movie support, or they will just screw themselves again and avoid it all together.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Whoa theres news on Doom 4 already?
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I think it would be awesome if we got games on multiple discs. Three discs instead of one is a deal! More value this way.

I'm such a kidder...

Really that would suck though. I'm to lazy to change discs to even play different games. I must have played fifa 08 for a couple weeks not because I liked it but because I was to lazy to get up and put a different game in.

Last edited by Jordan; 22-07-2009 at 12:27 AM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
I know square has so far gone and said that in all liklihood FF13 will be a multidisc affair for 360 users.

I can respect multidisc efforts from developers instead of them shortchanging their other userbases with blunted titles
Old 22-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
Well at least we live in an age where that is possible, back in the days of the Nintendo 64, multi-cartridge releases were fantasy (mainly because cartridges were so expensive compared to CD's) so games couldn't compete with the storage space and depth of PS1 games, hence why Nintendo suffered that generation and the next one as there own format still couldn't hold as much as the PS2 could on DVD's although that wasn't as much of a problem since the console was never pushed to the limit truly anyway. Definitely good on the developers for giving 360 owners at least a chance to play these games in their full form although it comes with inconvenience and it might start to finally turn the tide towards the PlayStation 3, I mean who wants to get up in the middle of gameplay and swap discs so the game continues, reminds me of an old Encarta encyclopedia I had for the PC, you spent your life switching between the two discs because certain games and articles were on one disc, some on the other and you had no way to tell until you wanted something.
Old 22-07-2009   #11
Staff
Yeah Forza 3 will be on two discs when it is released, but the main reason people say it is better than GT is because:
1. It has much more advanced customization, ability to put stickers on cars
2. It has damage

But even with that I still prefer GT because of it's driving physics.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well at least we live in an age where that is possible, back in the days of the Nintendo 64, multi-cartridge releases were fantasy (mainly because cartridges were so expensive compared to CD's) so games couldn't compete with the storage space and depth of PS1 games, hence why Nintendo suffered that generation and the next one as there own format still couldn't hold as much as the PS2 could on DVD's although that wasn't as much of a problem since the console was never pushed to the limit truly anyway. Definitely good on the developers for giving 360 owners at least a chance to play these games in their full form although it comes with inconvenience and it might start to finally turn the tide towards the PlayStation 3, I mean who wants to get up in the middle of gameplay and swap discs so the game continues, reminds me of an old Encarta encyclopedia I had for the PC, you spent your life switching between the two discs because certain games and articles were on one disc, some on the other and you had no way to tell until you wanted something.
The N64 still remains infallible in my heart <3
They may have had size limitations but shooting myself out of canons in Mario 64, Wondering the desert in Ocarina of time and Flying in Banjo Kazooie are among my best gaming memories ever
Old 22-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
I never lived those days of Nintendo, ever since the NES, I had Sony systems mainly because my friends had them and I really enjoyed the games, I just remember how happy I was the day I got my PS1 for Christmas with Gran Turismo 2 as the first game for it, then I got a PlayStation 2 and Nintendo disappeared from my house forever as by that time my NES games were gone, the system had broke long ago. But no denying the N64 did have some good games, space limits or not, from my limited time playing it, I knew one person who had an N64, the few games I played were enjoyable, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye and well that's it. I never was a huge fan of Mario or Zelda so those games weren't enough to get me on the bandwagon versus the PlayStation. Although one day I might buy a console and a few games, after everything good for the PlayStation 3 comes out.
Old 23-07-2009   #14
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well chalk one up to Sony for thinking ahead when they went with Blu-Ray but then again it's been like that for every console released, we went from CD to DVD to Blu-Ray where Microsoft stuck with the same format for two consoles and from all indications unless they are willing to work with Blu-Ray their next console is either using DVD's or is going to be completely hard drive based.
this is something that i have noticed as well and have wondered if Sony will go with Blu-Ray for the next console or change it up i mean if they dont change it for PS4 it will the first time they didnt but i still dont see them getting away from Blu-Ray anytime soon and i dont think they need to get away from blu ray and think it will be fine for the next generation