Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-08-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Naughty Dog "Uncharted 2 is impossible on 360".

Is it me or is the evidence becoming more and more apparent that the XBOX 360 is about to be owned. Please read this article over at G4. I don't think the xbox fanboys are going to like this one.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...-Xbox-360.html
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah but a first party developer is going to say something like this. it seemed like the only reason it could is because of the size of the disc and they could do it just one multiple discs.

EDIT:

i bet that the game doesnt use 100 percent of the SPU in the PS3 or if it does they will find a way to use it better

Last edited by Dipchit02; 27-08-2009 at 05:41 PM..
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Sounds like the standard response, while the game may not run in the form it is now, I'm sure it could have been managed in some form on the 360 (although probably not with the level of content or graphics), not that I'm not glad we have such great exclusives, I mean we've heard the same thing from almost every Sony associated studio, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Insomniac and Naughty Dog have all said similar things. Just gets kind of old.
Old 27-08-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I think when Kojima said "MGS4 is impossible on 360" it had more backing to it. For one thats a third party stating it. Another thing is he cant use the engine for 360 at all, cant even port it over, so they have to make a new engine for Rising. He also mentioned that even Blu-ray didn't have enough room for him, so rising will be held back or be on 3 or 4 discs for 360 lol.

This is just a first party backing up their parent company. No offense to Naughty Dog at all, they are amazing, but of course them Insomniac, GG, Zipper, all the first parties are gonna say this. Technicly speaking it cant run on 360 yes, but thats because they built it from the ground up to only work on PS3. Am i saying they are wrong and technicly speaking Uncharted will run fine on 360? No, for all i know its completely impossible, im jsut saying its somewhat expected for a first party to say it.

However Uncharted is somewhat belivable, its a really out there game that requires good hardware. Imagine if MS said Halo can only run on 360 and not PS3, even Xbox fanboys would start laughing.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009   #5
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I'm not hating on Naughty Dog or Uncharted, but I just think this meme gets old when it's used with a game that won't be put on the 360 due to IP rights. When I see a 3rd party developer who has developed a 360 game say that, then it will have some credibility. Until then, this is just marketing...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i get what you are saying there Dustin that most of the games wont work cuz the engine wont convert to the 360 which makes sense but it seems like alot of people are just saying it wont work cuz it is to big when they coudl probably package stuff on the disc differently or just put it on multiple discs
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
most time its posturing, although this time I am inclined to believe that naughty dog is correct, I've yet to see anything near the level of uncharted on the 360
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #8
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: AuFordFalcon
ofcource its imposible once you build around spes, this game is going to be pure eye candy.