Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Seeing it this weekend?
Yes 2 20.00%
No 5 50.00%
Maybe 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009   #1
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Br?no

This movie comes out today and I'm more than stoked. As a big fan of Da Ali G Show, this movie naturally sparks my interest. Judging by how funny he is on the t.v show and from what I've seen of the trailers, this movie will be epic. Who else is excited or a fan of Sacha's stuff? And who besides me is seeing it tonight?

Here's a link to my favorite Br?no moment on Da Ali G Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0

Here's a link to the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGpmNb2xfQ&feature=fvw
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
To be honest i think he is the most annoying person in the world. He was on Conan and wasnt funny at all, just acting stupid. Even Conan looked like he was getting ticked off. Then the whole MTV stunt was stupid too, i dont wanna see that. His accent needs to stop lol.

Sorry i just cant stand him and dont think its funny. Alot of my friends feel the same way and ive yet to talk to anyone looking forward to the movie haha. doubt it makes any money here. Borat wasnt that good either.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i like Borat and i think i will like this one i probably wont see it right away but i will see it eventually
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
PCN Senior
Bruno is bound to make a crap load of money. Borat made almost a quarter billion. Though it did have more coverage because of all the lawsuits. I still think it will do incredibly well. I watched that interview and to me he didn't seem like he was getting ticked off at all.

I can see where people are coming from that don't find it funny. I still think it's awesome though. The great thing about Sascha's work is that he exposes so much ignorant, hate and racism through satire. It's something not many other people are doing. Oh well, I've seen positive reviews and can't wait until tonight haha.
Old 10-07-2009   #5
SuperStaff
The making fun of racism and such is cool, its just he acts in such an annoying way that its not funny to me. Like i said, his accent makes me want to kill myself lol.On conan, he is usually laughing and making smart remarks about everything. With Bruno when he got little something shoved in his face, he kinda just stood there and pretended to smile. maybe its just me but he looked like "get this show over with already" there haha.
Old 10-07-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The minute I saw those commercials I knew I was just going to be another dumb movie and with movie tickets costing $10 I rather save that for movies like the new Harry Potter movie. Then again this seems to be a growing trend with movies lately, there's more and more dumb movies coming out, I can't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters, since it's been over a year.
Old 10-07-2009   #7
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
The minute I saw those commercials I knew I was just going to be another dumb movie and with movie tickets costing $10 I rather save that for movies like the new Harry Potter movie. Then again this seems to be a growing trend with movies lately, there's more and more dumb movies coming out, I can't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters, since it's been over a year.
I think Bruno is far from dumb. If anything it's smart. It's filled with social and political undertones. This is what makes Sascha's work funny. I understand if you don't like if but calling it dumb just doesn't seem right to me. I agree that the trend is dumb movies but again this movie is far from it.

I'm not sure if you were serious or not about Harry Potter... I mean really, Harry Potter? I grew out of that when I was twelve. If that sounds offensive it wasn't my intent haha.
Old 13-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I want to end the series by watching the movies, they are pretty good movies, no matter how much of a "kids" series it is, besides, I just someone with different movie tastes, I mean when I saw The Dark Night at the drive-in, the one and only time I saw it, I saw two movies that night, the other one being Get Smart and I much preferred Get Smart to The Dark Night, that movie to me was a mess and popular only because of Heath Ledger's death, similar to Michael Jackson's death sending his record sales skyrocketing.

Reviewers don't seem to be taking to Bruno too well though, it's average Metacritic score is 55, although users reviews are a bit more positive, 6.5 out of 10.

EDIT: Well I stand by my belief it's a dumb movie, if it's was South Park funny, I could live with it, but it doesn't seem to be that type of funny, it genuinely seems to just be going for shock value, maybe why they are releasing an edited version in at least the UK, so it gets a 15 rating instead of 18+ like the full version.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 13-07-2009 at 04:56 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #9
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
Has anyone seen it yet? Some of my friends say it's so so .. Borat was better apparently?
Old 13-07-2009   #10
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
I want to end the series by watching the movies, they are pretty good movies, no matter how much of a "kids" series it is, besides, I just someone with different movie tastes, I mean when I saw The Dark Night at the drive-in, the one and only time I saw it, I saw two movies that night, the other one being Get Smart and I much preferred Get Smart to The Dark Night, that movie to me was a mess and popular only because of Heath Ledger's death, similar to Michael Jackson's death sending his record sales skyrocketing.

Reviewers don't seem to be taking to Bruno too well though, it's average Metacritic score is 55, although users reviews are a bit more positive, 6.5 out of 10.
The problem is that people compare it to much to Borat. I think think if Bruno would have came out first than it would have received way higher of reviews. I think people were expecting it to be to much like borat. Being a fan of the show I knew that Bruno was way different and derived comedy in different ways. Also I think there are a lot of homophobes that wont watch.

I agree with the Michael Jackson thing being ridiculous how he's at the top of the charts but I think the success of The Dark Knight wasn't entirely because of Heath's death. I'm not the kind of guy that buys into the lives of celebrities or is sad if they die but I genuinely loved the movie. I think his death was part of the reason but not the only reason it was popular.

I get that you have different tastes and that's cool but saying Bruno is just another dumb movie is just wrong to say. Ali G fans will love the Bruno movie as I did but people that have only seen Borat may not. I think that's what it comes down to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
Has anyone seen it yet? Some of my friends say it's so so .. Borat was better apparently?

It was awesome but I'm a huge fan of Da Ali G show so I would say I have a bias. It's definitely worth a watch if you liked Borat.

Last edited by Jordan; 13-07-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Old 13-07-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Sales actually declined the second day it was out lol. I told ya so, jk.

I loved the Dark Knight too, but i dont think the 3rd will be anywhere near the sales because of Heath. It will probably be amazing too but it wont sell as well.
Old 13-07-2009   #12
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Sales actually declined the second day it was out lol. I told ya so, jk.

I loved the Dark Knight too, but i dont think the 3rd will be anywhere near the sales because of Heath. It will probably be amazing too but it wont sell as well.
#1 at the box office and made over 30 million. Good sales, not great but still good. Ya Heath's death definitely affected the sales positively. The third one wont do as well like you said but hopefully it's as good as the second. I didn't enjoy the first at all.
Old 14-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I just saw it, it was alright, I felt it wasnt as good as Borat and much of the humor relied on brute force dick on the cinema screen laughs instead of comedic timing and writing
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bruno