Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 24-08-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
360 price cut??

Check this out http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1017301p1.html

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I wonder what effect this will have.....
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Looks like this could be a very interesting holiday season. Very excited to see what kind of numbers both consoles pull in.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
Looks like this could be a very interesting holiday season. Very excited to see what kind of numbers both consoles pull in.
that will be very exciting

I wonder who will win

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 25-08-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Old 26-08-2009   #5
Staff
I think it might give MS a little bump in sales, but I don't expect a massive jump because all that's really going to happen is, people that went in to the shop to buy a Pro unit will buy a Elite unit instead.

The arcade unit is also rumored to be going up in price, which I think is a really bad idea from MS, cos that's going to push away consumers.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
Won't make s difference because the 360 was already affordable and mostly everyone who wanted one has one.
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
But everyone who needs to replace their broken units will still be buying them, imagine if we could get real statistics on sales and discount everyone who has bought another console to replace an out of warranty console, the sales would probably be much lower.
Old 02-09-2009   #8
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
But everyone who needs to replace their broken units will still be buying them, imagine if we could get real statistics on sales and discount everyone who has bought another console to replace an out of warranty console, the sales would probably be much lower.
exactly, we should have a system that does that because, this is just my opinion, so it won't have any fact behind it, but I think thats why the 360 has so many sales, it breaks down a lot and people want to replace it
Old 04-09-2009   #9
"The New Guy"
Ok I'm new to the site but been following the tweets for a wile. Just thought I would sign-up.

Here is my thoughts on this,

The PS3 will do better. Why? because by launching a slim version, Sony has made it seem like a re-launching. It seems as if the PS3 has just came out. Also the reports of how the slim handles graphics better ect. Not to mention the new AD campaign that pretty much shows the advantages over the 360 (WiFi, Blu-Ray ect). Now add in the fact that Gameinformer just put out a new survey stating the 360 is at a 54% failure rate. Plus the 360 has been cheap for a wile, so like someone said above mostly everyone who wants it has it. Not saying their isn't people who still wants one. I think this will help MS a little more but not as much as Sony's price cut.

This will be interesting but I'm pretty sure Sony will do better. Everyone is talking like the PS3 is just coming out because of the slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
exactly, we should have a system that does that because, this is just my opinion, so it won't have any fact behind it, but I think thats why the 360 has so many sales, it breaks down a lot and people want to replace it
Well I never heard people buying another 360 for parts but they do buy another one to replace a out of warranty RROD system. You have to remember the 360 came out a year before and sold like 8 million that year.

Now take a look at the sales numbers :

PS3 - 24.6 million
360 - 31 million

The reason they have more sales is because of that 8 million the first year. I believe people are getting fed up with replacing their 360's but your right in a sense. People do buy another one to replace the broking one they have.

Last edited by MOE-GUNZ; 04-09-2009 at 10:16 PM..
MOE-GUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #10
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
Ok I'm new to the site but been following the tweets for a wile. Just thought I would sign-up.

Here is my thoughts on this,

The PS3 will do better. Why? because by launching a slim version, Sony has made it seem like a re-launching. It seems as if the PS3 has just came out. Also the reports of how the slim handles graphics better ect. Not to mention the new AD campaign that pretty much shows the advantages over the 360 (WiFi, Blu-Ray ect). Now add in the fact that Gameinformer just put out a new survey stating the 360 is at a 54% failure rate. Plus the 360 has been cheap for a wile, so like someone said above mostly everyone who wants it has it. Not saying their isn't people who still wants one. I think this will help MS a little more but not as much as Sony's price cut.

This will be interesting but I'm pretty sure Sony will do better. Everyone is talking like the PS3 is just coming out because of the slim.

Well I never heard people buying another 360 for parts but they do buy another one to replace a out of warranty RROD system. You have to remember the 360 came out a year before and sold like 8 million that year.

Now take a look at the sales numbers :

PS3 - 24.6 million
360 - 31 million

The reason they have more sales is because of that 8 million the first year. I believe people are getting fed up with replacing their 360's but your right in a sense. People do buy another one to replace the broking one they have.
thats what I meant by people buying new 360s, to replace their 360 that got the RROD

but those are some pretty good numbers, especially if people do get fed up with replacing their 360 with a new every time a 360 gets the RROD