Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Have yo updated?
Updated 7 100.00%
Have not updated 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-04-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Who has updated to 3.21?

I know some of you on the forums have already stated your opinion and consider the "removal of Other Os" comes with the territory of owning a PS3 and Sony has every right to remove a software feature. I just think that Sony could have gone about this in a different direction. So, I haven't done the update yet. I'm not a hacker nor do I plan on being. I don't use pirated media. I used it when I was in college back when Napster was free but don't plan on using it now. So why am I being punished. I spend a lot of money on my gaming hobby (just ask my fiance and Sony) and now because I don't do what they (Sony) say I can't get online for something I pay for. That is just BS.

Probably like everybody else I don't like being forced to do something I don't want to do and that is kinda what it feels like. Do I use the Other Os function? NO... but what if I did? When I purchased the console 3 1/2 years ago I did think about using it but decided not now and it should be there if I every wanted to use that function. Have you ever heard the saying "I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it"..? That is how I live my life and Sony has taken that away from me

I have read the license agreement and seeing how in my day life I'm a Project Manager I understand contract agreements. And typically when there is a dispute and in this case a removal of a feature thought to be there as long as you owned the console I feel some sort of compromise/incentive should have bee proposed to the end user. Sony really didn't do that.

Seeing all the online chatter I do believe this will make things worse for Sony as now there will be teams of hackers continuing to hack the PS3 and Sony will have to continue to support non-hacking updates. In the end the only people that pay are the honest ones. Like me and you......
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010   #2
Staff
I updated because I never really used the OtherOS functionality and wanted to keep my PSN connection. I wish they didn't remove it though, because you never know when you might want to use that feature set.

IMO Sony should offer a downgrade option to anyone who wants to get back the OtherOS functionality (obviously disconnect you from PSN then).
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I'm pretty much the same as Shak, I upgraded because I didn't use the change OS feature and I still wanted to use PSN