Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 03-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Play-N-Trade VS. Game Stop

so i know there are people out there who dont like GameStop that much and would rather just not shop there. so i was wondering if you have heard of Play-N-Trade and if you went there instead. i am not really sure how wide spread it is but it is a pretty awesome store that is like GameStop with out all the harassment to preorder games and buy their magazine and the best part YOU CAN PLAY ANY GAME YOU WANT. you know say you want to play inFAMOUS just go to the store ask someone there to put in the gmae for you and BAM there you go you are playing inFAMOUS for FREE.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
That would be pretty cool. Gamestop is sometimes usefull when you have a really old game, but the demand is still high so you still get like 30 bucks. I use goozex though, its an amazing service id recomend it to anyone.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
well Play-N-Trade claims that their buy back rates are higher than Gamestop because when you talk to them they say that they have have the highest buy back rates (idk the actual term they use) around. but i love to go there and just play games for hours and then leave lol. i have never been to goozex but i just checked it out and it seems pretty cool
Old 03-07-2009   #4
SuperStaff
If you sign up let me refer you haha. However you have to semi understand the point of view from Gamestop. They pay maybe 40 bucks for new games and they buy them in bulk. When they buy used games they cant sell them at the 60 dollar price tag, so they dont want to buy them back at the same price. They also know you need the money for your old game and want to push you into buying something from them.

So they say alright 15 bucks, turn around and sell it for 50. Thats a 35 dollar profit if it sales, and if it doesnt thats a 15 dollar loss. It also gives them room to lower the price 15 to 20 bucks too and still make a profit off it.

They are not there to be nice and "oh you need a new game, well here is some money to get it" they are there for a business and busienss is there to make a profit. There buy back rates are kinda low because they are a huge company. If they had huge buy back rates they would suffer alot more than a new company that only has a few locations. Having that smaller company would be awesome, but even here in AZ we dont really have anything other than Gamestop now. GAMERS used to be great, but they went bankrupt
Old 03-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well obviously we don't have Play-N-Trade, but we did have a retailer called Microplay, really good place, you could get games for all the systems, new and old and they usually had old consoles for sale as well, some of the better ones even had arcade machines, like Time Crisis, my favorite was in Mississauga, Ontario at the Square One Shopping Center, but we had one locally too, the one in Square One closed a year ago and the local one closed over 2 years ago. They had really good trade in rates as well, a few still exist but not close enough and in towns worthwhile going to. I've got a store called Chumleighs though that's local and they sell games for almost every system out there, it's not a great looking store by any means (the security camera T.V is almost 30 years old and they don't have the nice looking racks and banners or demo units), but who cares, they sell games (and movies/music) and give good rates on trade ins, and usually have better prices than GameStop, although I still shop at GameStop because no matter how low there trade-ins are, I can still get good deals there and I don't trade games anyway so my business simply goes to whoever gives me the best price, I mean I ended up buying inFamous at HMV since it was the only store selling it for less than $70.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 03-07-2009 at 08:03 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #6
PCN Master
yea the Play-N-Trade by my house has an old NES hooked up that you can play and has plenty of older game for you.

I get what you are saying Dustin but still i mean they buy the game for like 15 and sell it for 50 at that rate i am just going to get the NEW game and know that the game works cuz i know that Gamestop does not test those games or systems that they sell back. or i think on the system they just check to see that it turns on but dont check like games or anything it is just bad
Old 04-07-2009   #7
SuperStaff
They check every system, when you trade in a system its supposed to be sent to a gamestop place where they test them then from there they place them on the shelves. They also offer you a 90 day warrenty on both games and systems if they become defective for immidiate replacement.

I think they mainly do the high 50 dollar price tag for that very reason. You buy the new game, it makes the developers money, and overall creates a better relationship. Plus like i said that gives them a 30 dollar price deduction and still make a profit off it. Then on the other hand if you do decide to buy it they just made bank and no harm done.

Im quite proud to say ive never bought a used game for PS3. I did it a little bit with PS2 but not PS3.
Old 04-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
i bought one game used for my PS3 and non for my PS2 but i got it used cuz it was a game my friend wanted to play against me (cuz i beat him in all the other games we play) so i bought it and it was like the worst put together game i haveplayed in quite some time, way to make another good one EA