Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-11-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
PS3 sounding louder.

Hey has anybody noticed in the past month or so that their PS3 sounding louder. If I put my PS3 on pause for about 5min all of sudden the fan kicks in really high gear and it's very loud. Almost as loud as my 360. I've never noticed this before.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
i did with my 2year old 60gb like the week before the slim came out it started seeming to get louder! one of the reasons i traded :D but my slim sounds loud now to thanks to the crappy MAG update :( the disk drive rattles lightly :(
Old 05-11-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Mine runs the latest firmware and unless I'm in the middle of a game it runs at normal fan speed, mine only ever turns up when I'm playing Grand Theft Auto IV and occasionally during Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Might be some dust buildup in your console, I usually vacuum mine out every 3 months (on a low setting) or so just to get rid of any buildup.
Old 05-11-2009   #4
PCN Addict
I started noticing it when I got Uncharted II at launch and last night I was playing Modern Warfare COD4 and just put it on pause and switched back to watching TV for awhile and then after like 5min it sounded like a damn gas turbine engine in my living room. I will get some compressed air and see it that fixes but I keep my systems pretty clean already.
Old 05-11-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Get a can of compressed air and blow out all the vents, its probably just dust.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I can't recommend just using compressed air for the PlayStation 3 for cleaning out the vents because with the design of the console your actually forcing dust in further into the console, sure some comes out because your blasting it loose but in the end it's not helping, if you use compressed air and vacuuming you'll get the dust knocked loose by the air and anything the air might miss before it goes further into the console.
Old 06-11-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
mine has gotten louder 2 but i just figured that was because it was older but i am not toally sure why it is doing it other than age
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #8
PCN Addict
Vacumed and used compressed air on mine. Didn't see much dust at all. This sucks if this is prelude to a crashed PS3. I love my phatty and don't want a slim. I'm almost thinking a firmware upgrade may have be a culprit as to why my fan is kickin in at such a high speed. Doesn anybody know if Sony may have changed something to cause this?
Old 06-11-2009   #9
Staff
I actually read something a while ago on the Xbox forums on GT, and basically a guy was saying that to prevent RROD you should leave the Xbox one the dashboard for 5 mins before switching the console off.

First I looked at this, and thought, that's stupid and makes no sense. But it does make sense. Because when you switch the console off immediately after an hour of gaming, the fans switch off immediately, causing the motherboard to warp. This is why most cases of YLOD and RROD occur as soon as you switch the console on. So I decided to do this with my new PS3 (after the first one YLODed), now whenever I quit a game, I leave it on the XMB for 5 mins, and the fans will quiet down eventually.

Then I switch it off.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #10
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Shak thats pretty smart actually.

For the noise thing, if you got the dust out and its still doing it then thats exactly the problem. The internal things have warped because of heating and cooling down so much, basically just age. I keep a small little desk fan running on my ps3 all the time, blows right into the vents, probably why my fans never kick in.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
I actually read something a while ago on the Xbox forums on GT, and basically a guy was saying that to prevent RROD you should leave the Xbox one the dashboard for 5 mins before switching the console off.

First I looked at this, and thought, that's stupid and makes no sense. But it does make sense. Because when you switch the console off immediately after an hour of gaming, the fans switch off immediately, causing the motherboard to warp. This is why most cases of YLOD and RROD occur as soon as you switch the console on. So I decided to do this with my new PS3 (after the first one YLODed), now whenever I quit a game, I leave it on the XMB for 5 mins, and the fans will quiet down eventually.

Then I switch it off.
that is a great idea, I'll do that
Old 06-11-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Move it to someplace where dust will have a hard time getting to
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote