Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-12-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
Best HD cables for PS3s?

I know there is a number of cords you can use to hook up your PS3. I have the standard AV ones, but on our new LCD tv it looks very bad. So, I need new ones. Whats the best cords for a HD TV? I know you can use HDMI cables and sony makes some other thing too. Whats the best choice?
RedLlama5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #2
Staff
Any HDMI cable should do, don't spend more than $10 on one, because there is literally no difference between a $10 and a $100 one, even if the description sounds fancy.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Go to amazon and get their offiicial HDMI ones they are like 3 bucks.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Sony may make cables but there's nothing special to them, in the case of HDMI, any HDMI cable will do, regardless of brand and/or price because if an HDMI cable can successfully transmit a signal, you'll get the same picture whether it's a $10,000 cable or a $1 cable thanks to HDMI being an all digital signal.

HDMI also produces the best picture quality out of all the output solutions for the PS3 and carries the audio signal as well so if you equipment supports it, you'll only need one cable for your audio and video.

So as long as your TV supports it, just go with HDMI, the cables are dirt cheap online these days and you'll get the best picture anyway, a winwin all around.

Oh and here's one from Amazon that would cost $5 with shipping included.
Old 06-12-2010   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If you ever call sony make sure you tell them you are using official ones though. Otherwise they will just tell you to buy official ones to fix all your problems.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tech ?