Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > PlayStation 3 News
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 22-06-2009   #1
PS3 News Feed
Activision: Tony Hawk Ride is a Platform

Activision explains why the Periphal is looked at as another platform, not a periphal

Read More...
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
So you still have to buy the silly skateboard and hope that there future plans for the thing include some half decent games, if I want to do something like that I think I'll wait till I get to an arcade and play it with the full mockup and everything. Besides there's no timeline given on how long you have to wait with the skateboard for another game to come out. Not something I'm willing to buy into, anyone else interested at all?
Old 22-06-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I dont see this working properly to be honest. You will need a clearly open room, some knowledge of skateboard, and hope it doesnt break when your doing kickflips and all that. I dont see this going well a few months after release, especially with the holidays....
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
Good point there, I mean who doesn't remember those Rock Band kick pedals, or even the drum sets themselves and their problems, luckily mine isn't broken yet, but I reinforced it with PVC pipe so that wouldn't happen. I can see if know, some guy will come home with his new plastic skateboard, set it up, go for a kickflip or just get overly ambitious with the tricks, land the board hard onto a floor and it snaps in half and he's out a $100 or has to wait for a replacement.
Old 22-06-2009   #5
SuperStaff
My rockband is still good (knock on wood) but they said that it breaks due to people playing it too hard. AKA slamming on the kick pedal, beating the drums too hard etc...That happens when you get into it, you just go crazy and dont know it. Plus if anything its REAL drummers breaking it.

Just imagine the skateboard. Skaters (im not saying this in a bad way) dont care. They break their real boards all the time. Take this plastic skateboard out during a party and see what happens. Watch people that SLAM it on the ground because they are doing some trick etc. It is going to have breaking problems, i gurentee it.
Old 22-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
I remember at my high school one skater was so not caring he tried to do tricks off the bleachers on the baseball diamond, needless to say, landed so hard he snapped his board straight in half and almost got himself in a rather bad spot, enough said. I think though the early batches of Rock Band kick pedals simply broke with normal use, the problem is so widespread though, my local EB Games now sells an official Rock Band "replacement" (It's not sold as a replacement on the box) kick pedal that's metal reinforced and comes with an adapter so you can play with your original pedal at the same time.
Old 22-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I really cant believe they will support the launch board exclusively, look for rehashed
more pleasing looking boards to be launched with each new entry into the series
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
so is this game just coming out on the board then and if i dont have a PS3 or 360 then i can play the game? because if i need a console to play it then it is a peripheral and i heard alot of we want to make this work and stuff but not alot of this what we ARE going to do
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
You still need a console, Activision simply considers it more than a hunk of plastic and are claiming they will have a ton of games for it to make it a "platform", similar to Guitar Hero games, you base a bunch of games around one thing and claim it's a platform, although here they might get slightly more creative with snowboarding games or you know I can't think of much else they could do with that board.
Old 23-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
yea but still they didnt even sound confident in this article that was written i mean there was the we want it to become this and hope it will become with no solid answer saying yes it WILL become this and that
Old 23-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
so is this game just coming out on the board then and if i dont have a PS3 or 360 then i can play the game? because if i need a console to play it then it is a peripheral and i heard alot of we want to make this work and stuff but not alot of this what we ARE going to do
They are making a piece of plastic with an unappealingly expensive price tag seem appealing.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
o yea i know that but if it needs a console to play then dont call it an all new platform call it what it is a plastic skate board i didnt hear them calling the guitar for GH a new platform it was jsut a plastic guitar
Old 23-06-2009   #13
SuperStaff
They look at GH as a platform based game too. When they say platform they are just saying "your not buying the board to play tony hawk, your buying the board to play the 3 or 4 games we release" Just like you buy a PS3 to play the 15 exclusives coming out this year and next.

Skateboard is a TINY bit more adaptable than Rock Band, but its no Wii or motion controller...
Old 23-06-2009   #14
PCN Master
yea i guess the sakteboard could be used for other things like snowboarding and stuff i guess or it could not take off at all then you have an expensive piece of plastic
Old 24-06-2009   #15
SignOfZodiac
This is a waste of money/time. The Wii Fix has a weight restriction and I know it will break. Ahhh, I skate and I am 305pds, yeah! Wood vs Plastic..
Old 24-06-2009   #16
PCN Master
yea i am sure you are right Sign it will break pretty easily i bet