Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-05-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Them's Fightin Words

Despite the outright sales of pretty much every Call of Duty title in recent years compared to any other title, EA isn't holding back on proclaiming that Battlefield 3 is "Flat out superior to Call of Duty".

Yes in a recent investors conference John Riccitiello said Battlefield 3 is ?superior? to Call Of Duty in every way and that EA aims to take a huge chunk of the Call of Duty market with Battlefield 3.

More specifically stating:
?We know we have a big competitor, but head-to-head with Call of Duty in Q3, we have the superior game engine, a superior development studio, and a flat out superior game. Our goal is to significantly gain share in the huge FPS category and to put the other team on defense.?

Definitely fightin words and I hope EA comes out on top in this fight, I'm getting pretty tired of Activision making so much off Call of Duty while putting in almost no effort and churning out a title once a year.
Old 06-05-2011   #2
PCN Member
COD cant take risks and is constrained by having a yearly release. IMO Battlefield will be competing with Killzone 3 quality wise.
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
From everything ive seen of the new battlefield, I'd say they are right.

I still think people will buy COD more based off the name on the box alone though.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I have to agree with x_racer, they shouldn't be making so much money off of releasing the same game every year, I know I'm done with the Call of Duty series for good, unless they change it, which I know they won't.

I kinda hope that BF3 is a lot better than the new CoD game and outsells the new CoD, just so hopefully Activision sees that they got their asses kicked and make changes to the series
Old 07-05-2011   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The thing is we KNOW for a fact Battlefield is going to be better. Bad Company 2 was better. killzone was better. Even Crysis 2 online was better.

The fact of the matter is COD is a casual game. It doesn't try to compete to be better. It simply puts arcade fundamentals and makes every player feel like they are good at the game. Even the worse players out there could manage to get a good K/D ratio and feel good about themselves.

Tag on the fact all the COD fanboys are brainwashed zombies and sales go through the roof.

EA we know your game is better, the problem is will it sell better. That is what we want to know. Almost every FPS coming out is better than COD but not a single one can touch the sales it has.

(If the next COD is made by IW and is a Modern Warfare, Im buying it. Otherwise im not bothering)
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Dustin says EXACTLY why the CoD series is so popular, it's a casual series that you can pretty much just pick up and get a hang of quickly, that's why I play it.
even if IW makes a new Modern Warfare game, I dunno if I'll buy it still but it could be good, but I dunno if I wanna risk spending the money if it's anything like MW2.
I think most fanboys are brainwashed zombies though lol