Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-07-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
Diablo II On PS3

Is it possible, and if so, how please?
v1p3rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #2
Editor
Are you referring to emulating PC games on the PlayStation 3? I think you're better off just playing it on the PC.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008   #3
The Moderator
No luck, there is no way.
Old 31-08-2008   #4
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: SolidSnakeUS42
To be honest, I don't know why it should leave the PC. It's pretty much amazing there as is, and it's kinda old-ish and almost any computers today can run it.
SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #5
PCN Member
I can't imagine why somebody would want to play this on the PS3. Don't get me wrong - it's a great game, and I'm not ripping on you or anything; I'm just honestly curious?
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #6
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
No, you can't emulate a PC game on the PS3. If you're asking whether an updated version may come to consoles, I guess it's possible, but not too likely. The games pretty old.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #7
PCN Member
Dnt think you can either
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #8
PCN Senior
I'm not sure, but maybe he meant Diablo 3? In which case the answer is still no though...
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #9
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
Blizzard is very wary of going to the console market after Starcraft: Ghost was canned after alot of hype i dont think we will see a blizzard game on a console they like to sit on there pc's which i dont mind i love just about all the blizzard games they make good games cant wait for SC2 btw its gona be insane.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #10
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Blizzard is very wary of going to the console market after Starcraft: Ghost was canned after alot of hype i dont think we will see a blizzard game on a console they like to sit on there pc's which i dont mind i love just about all the blizzard games they make good games cant wait for SC2 btw its gona be insane.
Never say never, all they need is a good boss with lots a consol knowledge and they'll be alright.

but yeah it is impossible to emulate pc games on ps3 for now
until the digital signiture/code is cracked, you'll have to stick to pc
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #11
1337 Sauce
the leader of blizzard right now made Starcraft so i doubt he has any console knowledge i just know that they are most likely gona stick with something they are very comfortable and obviously a very strong force in is the PC industry with WoW and all these other hit games made by them now the only way i can see them throwing something out on the console is if Activision started pressuring them to throw one of their games on a console.
Old 11-11-2008   #12
MOD
well there is alot of potential in consol games right now. pc will always be #1 but still like i said, they need a good boss with lots of consol experience but also a few consol programmers as well would be nice and a bigger studio as well
Old 11-11-2008   #13
"The New Guy"
I heard that someone cracked the digital signature code a long time ago. Maybe I saw the headline on G4, I don't know I can't remember.
Old 11-11-2008   #14
PCN Senior
I don't exactly think either of you are correct on this. I mean Michael Morhaime, Ayman Allen Adham and Frank Pearce are the founders of Blizzard, and they got their start porting games when Blizzard Entertainment was still Silicone & Synapse. Morhaime is now president of Blizzard, and Pearce is the VP, so I think it's safe to say that they have experience porting games. The question I think is whether or not they want to. It just isn't economically viable to port an outdated game to a console, especially since there are certain genres which are more suited to the PC, rather than the console. Actually, a whole mess of issues comes up when I think about it. I'll leave those for another time I guess.
Old 11-11-2008   #15
1337 Sauce
i don't quite see the reason for a RTS on a console i believe they belong on ps3 when you can multitask better on the pc but i may be wrong did anyone play C&C3 on the 360? or Red Alert 3? was it manageable on the controller because i cant image it would be.
Old 11-11-2008   #16
PCN Senior
diablo isn't an RTS
And I'm confused at your sentence, do you believe RTS' SHOULD be on PS3s or not?
Regardless, the recent stream of RTS' on consoles have gotten relatively good reviews from many of the gaming sites out there which I won't name, and nowadays you can plug keyboards and the like into consoles and use them as extensions. I actually see more console RTS' to come in the future.
Old 11-11-2008   #17
1337 Sauce
i know Diablo isn't RTS its more point and click I am saying they shouldn't be on console and i know you can add keyboards but i was wondering if anyone who didn't have a keyboard compatible was able to work well with the controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.
Old 11-11-2008   #18
PCN Senior
well i've tried red alert 3, and it's a definite change from PC gaming, but after fumbling around a bit i picked it up. While I was seriously contemplating of switchign over to the PC and using a mouse, I found that the interface tries its best to be intuitive. It actually takes awhile but it works alright, definitely a jump from good starcraft 64!
Old 11-11-2008   #19
MOD
but you guys forget that you can connect a keyboard and i think a mouse to the ps3 so playing RTS games shouldn't be a problem. Just the appeal of it i guess.
Old 12-11-2008   #20
Editor
It would be nice to play some classic PC games on the PS3, no doubt about it. People will always enjoy extended functionality like that. If nothing more than the appeal itself, I don't see the big deal. The "Keep it on the PC" mentality... I don't get. People have a right to choose. Not everyone has a mundo powerful PC and the PS3 is pretty powerful so it could probably handle quite a few PC games, and others not so much. But an emulator on the PS3 would be cool.