Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Nintendo Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-06-2007   #1
"The New Guy"
Manhunt 2 Wii is a murder training device

Jack Thompson, that lawyer we love to hate just won?t quit, it?s hard to imagine how his family does not now loathe his very existence. He is on a crusade to put an end to gaming, especially violent gaming. On his list now is Manhunt 2 for the Wii. It doesn?t end there.

According to QJ.net, he is also gunning for Super Smash Brothers 2 since it "encourages kids to beat and throw their friends out of the stage" oh yeah, that?s so violent? it?s so violent I can?t bear to watch people play it, turn it off, turn it off NOW! (of course, that?s sarcasm of the highest degree). Just think what will happen if your kid decides to do more than stab your TV with the Wiimote. They might think a white knife is the Wiimote and go off on a rampage, oh the horror!

But, Manhunt 2 on the Wii is slightly different, instead of pushing buttons on a controller like you would with the XBOX 360 or PS3, you are required to mimic stabbing motions with the Wiimote making the act of in-game killing, all the more real.

Dear old Jack isn?t satisfied with the M rating of the game and thinks it should be banned all together. Australia has seen some success in completely banning some of the Grand Theft Auto games but here in the US we like shooting, killing and destroying stuff in games, it?s what we like to play.

I?m not a fan of the Manhunt series nor I have I played it, I?ve seen demos but I won?t touch the game. It?s simply not my style because there is no point to what you do in the game, unlike in the WWII games or Halo series in which there is a point to your mass destruction.

Here?s hoping Jack Thompson gets exactly what he deserves, permanent disbarment in every single US state and Territory. The minute he manages to win a case is the day gaming as we know it dies. He cannot ever be successful. Let?s all make it our mission to make sure he isn?t. With practically the whole gaming industry against him and the Florida bar? and the Alabama bar, how could we possibly lose?
splodger15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007   #2
I own your soul! (Mod)
Blech, I'm sick of Jack Thompson, I'm pretty sure there's a lawsuit against him or something, so that he can't try to have them stop selling it. And kids play fight all the time.
Old 13-06-2007   #3
PCN Senior
Thats strange i' never heardof him as far as gaming goes, but one thng he won't never get rend off GTA!!!!!
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007   #4
The Moderator
i wonder if he realises that Manhunt 2 is focusing on Scizephrenia, and that your a mentally insane doctor trying to escape your murderers whilst having fits and flashbacks?
Old 17-06-2007   #5
PCN Senior
I don't think i could play this game, it's stupid to me, no offense to anyone who would play this game, but it's not for me
Old 18-06-2007   #6
The Moderator
its actually really scarey, the first 1 if you had a headset, the director would whisper in your ear, telling you the best way to brutally kill them, and add footsteps etc.

but thats Rockstar for ya!
Old 18-06-2007   #7
PCN Senior
Your actually scared of it?????????????
Old 10-05-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I don't even know who the guy is but he seems pretty retarded

I don't think that u could get rid of GTA, it's way too popular now

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 18-05-2009 at 09:59 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote