Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Design Center
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 31-10-2009   #21
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Thats nice! Saw another HP with similar specs but also had a Blu ray drive, didnt see it on this one, for 900 bucks.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009   #22
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
If they are making an HP with a quad core and a Blu-Ray drive included for $900 then I'm mad because they only Blu-Ray capable model I could get was $2000 and had lower graphics memory and lower speed hard drive.
Old 31-10-2009   #23
SuperStaff
It was a sale or something HP was doing, was a extremely nice comp I should of got it but have no money. Also had a 17 or 19 inch screen that was 720p (not that it matters that small) etc...
Old 31-10-2009   #24
PCN Master
Might have been an HDX model, the series is being discontinued and they had 18.4 inch screens and carried Blu-Ray drives since they were the high end line of HP, that's now being taken over by the HP Envy line but to get rid of old models I can see them discounting them pretty far.
Old 31-10-2009   #25
SuperStaff
Actually I dont know what the HDX model is, but it may have been an Envy. I remember it was small as heck and had a decent battery life etc...It was new. The whole advertising of the sale was "get it before the holidays" or something.
Old 31-10-2009   #26
PCN Master
Probably not an Envy, the small one is expensive as hell, a 13.1 inch model with Core 2 Duo is $2099 from Futureshop and they aren't even available yet, plus the specs suck ass, for that kind of money you think you would get more than 3GB of RAM and a DVD drive. The 15.6 inch model is $2199 but at least comes with an i7 Quad Core, 6GB of DDR3 and some pretty darn good graphics power to boot but still no Blu-Ray drive.

The HDX models were powerhouses and they were large, all of them I believe were above 18 inches in size, some reached 20, the current one available to me is $1999 and pretty much matches my system except for the Blu-Ray drive and it has a titanium finish where mine is black shiny plastic and is a Pavillion series.
Old 16-03-2010   #27
PCN Master
Getting this thread going again since the Dear PlayStation commercials are good candidates for some forum members to modify. But since my first commercial, I have some time to edit the Dear PlayStation montage commercial and come up with my own version.

Of course since the last commercial I uploaded, I also got better software, Adobe Premiere CS4, Photoshop CS4 and Soundbooth CS4. Made my job a lot easier and in the end the commercial look more professional. But let's see what some other forum members can do with Dear PlayStation ads, it doesn't have to be complicated, mine was simply to change the ad so it didn't contain multi-platform games, it's all exclusives and the added games aren't out yet or are just releasing.
Old 16-03-2010   #28
SuperStaff
How is soundbooth? was thinking of getting it. Currently for sound editing i just have Sony Soundforge Pro, which does a good job of cleaning up audio.

Ill probably have one of these commercials done this weekend for a bigger project im working on for the site. Ill be able to show you guys next week maybe.
Old 16-03-2010   #29
PCN Master
To be honest all I have used it for is cleaning up audio and recording audio tracks for YouTube videos since Sound Recorder in Windows 7 sucks compared to the XP one. It does a good job though for both of those things in my usage (for cleaning up audio you basically just set some limits and off it goes). I'm still debating whether to get After Effects or not, I've never used the software, although same went for Soundbooth and I can mange the basics with it. Best software though, Adobe Media Encoder CS4, it takes in your Premiere projects when you want to export them and encodes in virtually any format, even YouTube resolution H.264 format.
Old 17-03-2010   #30
SuperStaff
Does it do flash? FLV? Cus i need something to convert to that, and the one that came with Flash is slower than a snail climbing a mountain sliding backwards.

As for after effect you have to get really into it to see its true use. I mean as for standard video editing its good, it has alot of features, but you might as well stick with Premiere. If you want to take the time to add actual effects, like gunshots, lights flickering, and all kinds of other visuals then its your program. But like I said be prepared to get deep into it and learn a bit first, sometimes you can even do minor coding to get effects. I know a good site to visit to get some really good tuts, but i forget it at the moment. Will link you ASAP
Old 17-03-2010   #31
PCN Master
It does do FLV output and it does so from video files, After Effects projects and Premiere projects. It also does all the other formats shown in the image below. That being said, even with the machine I have, rendering the HD version of the commercial I restarted the thread with took over an hour and even rendering a 6 minute SD audio clip with a black image consisting of the video took almost 20 minutes.

EDIT: Media Encoder though is installed with Premiere or After Effects CS4, Adobe doesn't offer it as a separate product from what I can tell on their website.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 17-03-2010 at 03:03 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010   #32
SuperStaff
Sick thanks for the screen, im gonna have to get it! Really need that badly.

As for encoding and rendering, I really miss my old laptop lol. It did HD videos like nothing. I havent rendered anything on this PC yet so IDK how it will do, with a quad core im assuming it will be better...
Old 18-03-2010   #33
"The New Guy"
Its really good one...
tanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010   #34
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanu View Post
Its really good one...
Alright what the h***, the only thing the above post seems to be is a post to advertise the two links in his signature. Seems to be a common occurrence lately with several users using the same pattern (all the recent replies within the Design Center not made by regular members follow this pattern), maybe it's just one person registering multiple accounts.

But back on topic, well I thought quad core would help but the rendering results as I mentioned above came out of my quad core laptop and I think it comes down to one reason, Media Encoder appears to be 32-bit software or software "optimized" for 64-bit computers. In short, it's not a native 64-bit program and neither is Premiere CS4, After Effects CS4 or pretty much anything else in the Adobe suite. The only CS4 program that installs a true 64-bit version is Photoshop. But this is Adobe we are talking about, the company that still doesn't have 64-bit Flash available for Windows and makes bloated products, like Adobe Reader.
Old 20-03-2010   #35
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...helghan/304443

I made that way back when KZ2 was about to launch and Sony was sitting on their hands instead of marketing it.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote