Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 08-10-2009   #1
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Can you use the official PS3 mic on the PC?

I got the official PS3 blue tooth mic, is there anyway to use this on a non-blue tooth PC? Like maybe if I hooked it up via USB or something?

I need a mic for my parent's prehistoric PC, and I'm thinking about just getting a cheap USB one, but if I can use the PS3 mic I'll go for that.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Do what im doing, at least when it ships, get a usb blutooth adapter and it works fine. Its just a blutooth mic so it works with anything blutooth. Here is the one im buying
http://www.amazon.com/100m-Wireless-...&sr=8-12-spell

Thought its just 2 bucks so it couldnt hurt to try right?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I was asking a similar question, I'm using a thinkpad laptop for school; would I be able to do that and how would I do that with my mic?
Old 08-10-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
All the adapter does is replicate what some laptops have built in, then all you have to do is go to the Bluetooth settings under the Control Panel once the adapter and drivers are installed and make sure the Bluetooth device you want to use is in discovery mode, a light somewhere on the headset should be flashing, the exact procedure would be in the manual, I not exactly sure because I own a Sony Ericcson Bluetooth headset, not the official Sony one. Anyways after all that's done simply hit Add New Wireless Device and as long as the headset is in discovery mode, the computer will pick it up, ask for a code, also in the manual and then after that it's all set for you to use as a headset/microphone.
Old 08-10-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Just make sure your PS3 isnt on, the mic is set to auto sync with it so if its on the PS3 will steal the signal from your computer. Otherwise I believe you just need to turn it on and it begins scanning for the signal, that or you may need to plu it in via usb like we do on the PS3. Im not sure havent got my adapter yet.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
okay, thanks I'll try to figure it out later