Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Design Center
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-01-2010   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Anyone Want to do a group project

Remember (anyone thats big on youtube) when they did that zombie/scary movie project. They had people from all over the place do differnt things, then morphed it together etc...

Was thinking why no attempt to do something similar here? Obviously not something as full fledged as that, but something. I dont know what any ideas?

comic
drawing
cartoon (voices etc)
film
commercial
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
me and my friend(both UK) like filming little videos and stuff we only have like flip cams though haah, but if you came up with a great idea im sure we'd be up for something :D
Old 16-01-2010   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I'd be up for something. I could provide professional audio? Copyright free music, voice overs, narration etc. I've got a nice little home studio so the quality will be there.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010   #4
PCN Senior
what about a PSC gaming montage? we could pick our own choice of game each film some kills or moments single/multi-player, give the video to the main editor and bam! could be like a 10 minute one for youtube.. just a though :D
Old 16-01-2010   #5
PCN Senior
If we all had capture cards that would be cool. My vote's at cartoon or short film (5-10 minutes?)
Old 16-01-2010   #6
SuperStaff
Well an idea I had from reading your guys replies

What about say we are all playing each other online, doing funny stuff, have our own characters and what not. Jordan can do music, someone can write it, I can edit (if someone wants to help thats fine too) and so on. It could even be narrated by Jordan if we can make it work. Didnt know you have a studio lol, we gotta use that.

I have a video capture card, but its not HD.
Old 18-01-2010   #7
PCN Senior
do you mean like one of those funny videos? from like cod where he just walks about saying funny shiz? :P

but talking about capturing, if you have a capture card for a pc, is there a way to hook that up with TV while your playing ps3 to capture its footage? or do you have to use other methods to capture ps3 footage(which is best if you guys know?) because when i made a 'test' montage for cod4 i just used my flip HD cam, and its not bad, but i'd like it way sharper
Old 18-01-2010   #8
SuperStaff
I have an actual box that it goes through. I got a splitter, so I connect my PS3 to the box then the box goes to the TV (so i can see what im doing) then a USB goes to my PC which then records it. I lost my program (on my laptop that fried) though, so i hope Vegas or Premiere Pro can use the box. Its cool because it records the sound and everything, but like i said isnt HD and you can tell.

As for what I was saying itd be like us all talking, we can have random stuff happen or whatever make it funny. To make it a PS3Center commercial we just add like a quick "welcome to the community...PS3Center.net" thing haha.
Old 18-01-2010   #9
"The New Guy"
Remember to put up the link here so we can have a laugh!:)

Good Luck!

Last edited by epicgamer; 21-01-2010 at 08:37 PM..
epicgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010   #10
PCN Senior
haha yeah we should defo do something like that, heres the maximum quality i'd be able to get..(maybe abit better because that was cod4 which isnt as detailed as 09 games obviously) its a pretty lame video too btw haha but yeah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXYezQEJEw also looks slightly better in HD i think
Old 18-01-2010   #11
PCN Senior
The quality's pretty good. I've got a HD flip cam too. It looks better than a SD Dazzle capture card in my opinion. Is that the route you guys want to go though? It would be cool but I was thinking we could do something more epic. I'm not exactly sure what though.

And ya, I've got a studio haha. Hopefully we can incorporate my audio skills into the project. On a somewhat separate note, if anyone ever needs any sort of audio work done let me know.
Old 18-01-2010   #12
SuperStaff
I was actually thinking of asking you to help me with some short films i was making lol.

We just need to expand on the basis of the idea now, get a script going and go from there.
Old 19-01-2010   #13
PCN Senior
I'd be up for that. Just send me a PM with details or your email if you're interested.

For the project just throwing an idea out there but we could re-create a war movie using footage we capture from playing MW2. It could be mock style. We could start a private match and act out the scenes with the characters and when the footage is captured act out the voices. We could aim for it to be 5-7 minutes.

More idea's would be nice though. I don't care what we do really as long as its awesome.

Last edited by Jordan; 19-01-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Old 19-01-2010   #14
SuperStaff
Thats a good idea, just we have to be really good at it. Ive seen machinima that was EXTREMELY good but a majority of the time its extremely bad, and it seems their is no inbetween lol. With things like that it comes down to the voice acting (emotions, not bland, work together) and humor in the dialogue.
Old 19-01-2010   #15
PCN Senior
that sounds good jordan! a mock film :D how would some views be achieved? through spectating? and editing out the on screen buttons? or something like that?..

and yeah dustin some are crazy good but some are awful lol.. plus im scottish, theres always a scottish solider loool joking :L
Old 19-01-2010   #16
PCN Senior
Ya pretty much that exactly how we'd have to do it lol. We should put a lot of work into to make sure it's good. I don't want to do it if it's half assed or just not good anyways lol. What movie do you guys want to do. Something like Avatar would be good because it's so popular right not. It's just an okay movie though so I don't know. Something like Enemy at the gates would be perfect but I don't think it's popular enough of a movie to be ideal. Any ideas?
Old 19-01-2010   #17
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Ya pretty much that exactly how we'd have to do it lol. We should put a lot of work into to make sure it's good. I don't want to do it if it's half assed or just not good anyways lol. What movie do you guys want to do. Something like Avatar would be good because it's so popular right not. It's just an okay movie though so I don't know. Something like Enemy at the gates would be perfect but I don't think it's popular enough of a movie to be ideal. Any ideas?
yeah i just watched this and its pretty well produced, camera position wise and that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGe94...eature=related but they ruin it near the end after a sniper gets a care package lol, ive also seen people making them not in hardcore mode and you can see the names of people etc lol..

erm what about gamer? haha! .. something like 2012 would be good if we could edit it and then use the nuke at the end lol, but i havent seen alot of recent war type films to be honest :/ behind enemy lines was quite popular i think?
Old 19-01-2010   #18
SuperStaff
Ill go buy a mic possibly this weekend for my computer, Logitech is good for that right? I found one for 20-30 bucks thats supposed to be like studio sound. Then ill just use Sony Sound forge to clean it up, get an ametur studio sound out of it at least.
Old 19-01-2010   #19
PCN Senior
sweet! is it only us 3 interested in this then? lol..
Old 19-01-2010   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I would participate but I have a few things holding me back, A. Don't have a good camcorder or capture card, the only one I possess is a Blackberry and if you want to see what that can do, just look at one of my recent YouTube videos, B. Don't have a good microphone, again it's either the Blackberry or my laptop's built in microphone.

The only thing I have is software because I have Adobe Premiere CS4 in Windows 7 (soon and it will be a trial because I can't afford it, I can't even afford Sony Vegas), Adobe Soundbooth CS4 (soon, trial and I've never used Soundbooth before), Adobe Photoshop CS2 in Windows 7 and Adobe Flash CS4 Professional in Windows 7.