Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 15-02-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Heavy Rain thoughts?

Well, I've seen some reviews and played the demo. Honestly I'm a little confused about this one. I try to take reviews with a "grain of salt" and wait to judge until I play but the review I read had me disappointed and the demo didn't exactly sway my opinion either. I guess I may of had my hopes built up on this as a huge sleeper for Sony but It may just turn out to be just a plain ole game. If any of you guys are looking forward to this game and have played the demo please leave some feedback on this thread.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
im just downloading the demo just now :) ..

first of all though its not a GAME(its an interactive movie, if the devs have stated that its not a game) so if you buy or download this with the mind frame that it is, you'll be disapointed..

i quite like the idea, and the previous game by the developers has quite a big following so it will probably sell well, i mean its at no.1 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...f=pd_ts_vg_nav :D

i like the fact that its a change! im so fed up of all this shooting stuff.. im quite happy to see this & gow3
Old 15-02-2010   #3
PCN Addict
Well let me know what you think about the demo EN7. I went into this game by not treating it like a game. As a matter of fact I didn't play a game all Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday so I wouldn't be partial to a specific style of gameplay. I think that helped in the beginning but either the review I read was in my head while playing or the game story seemed to stall on me. I know it's just a demo but play it and you'll see.

I hate it when I do this to myself. I get attached to a game prior to it's release and gather all the information which leads me to get high expectations and then when a so-so review comes out. I'm like WTF?.. and it totaly changes my expectations of the game.
Old 15-02-2010   #4
Staff
If you're not too sure about it, I'd suggest waiting for a small price reduction and then get it later. It is great, but as it has been said, the gameplay is very different to what most people have played, and the story above all is what is best about this game.

My review went up yesterday, and I love it, even though it is quite slow in the beginning, but there is a major twist in the story at the end, that is really mind-blowing.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #5
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
I was a huge fan of fahrenheit and have been dead set on getting Heavy rain on day 1 and still is. Though I can say the demo didn`t do much for me, for me the demo was far to small to give a good impression on what I think the whole game will be.
In the demo there`s just 2 scenes and at least I didn`t feel like I really got into the game but im 95% sure im gonna love the full game when the story unfolds and all the characters evolve and you start to feel like your choices in the game matters to them.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #6
PCN Senior
i played it and i was like WOW, its really sticks to the whole movie idea.. like it has a deep sdtory that sort of drags you in, plus the detctive with his not so realistic shades/glove makes it more movie like and kind of stops it being TOO realistic which i liked.. i also failed to climb to muddy hill so many times but couldnt help laughing at the fact i was messing up/watching him fall.. so it wasnt frustrating.. and the QTE fight scene was great! i was so grabbed by that it takes normal QTE's that bit further with analogue twists and the fact you may end up all beaten or without a scratch is good!( i only missed one press haha)..

i was very pleased with it to be honest..

and as for what some reviews & comments have said about it, i failed to meet any of its 'issues' such as being to hard to control and such.. the movement i admit is abit iffy at first but it doesnt take long to get used to it.. and i didnt find it clunky or glitchy..

also ive seen some reviews saying the story isn't innovative, and its boring, and is nothing new.. which is total bull due to the fact they're judging the whole concept and story by only playing two scenes.. which is impossible, its not like they are going to give it away in the demo lol

and as for visuals.. jus WOW the close ups are amazing!

Last edited by xEN7xASSASSINx; 15-02-2010 at 01:07 PM..
xEN7xASSASSINx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #7
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I remember the devs stating "you have to play the entire game, you cant just take a portion of it and get the idea of it. Thats why we are not planning a demo" and after playing the demo I kind of understand what they mean.

Its written to make you connected with the characters, there really isnt anything special about the gameplay. Your basically playing a 6 hour interactive movie, and the experience is the story. Which is neat. I just dont know if its 60 dollars neat, so I pre ordered Battlefield instead.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #8
PCN Addict
I agree... Not sure if this "movieplay" (since we are saying it's not a game) warrants $60.
Old 15-02-2010   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
i gotta question, if u preordered heavy rain and got the taxidermist episode would u play that after u beat the game or before it

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #10
PCN Senior
ive gave the battlefield demo a good 2 hour or so go earlier, and i still dislike what i see to be honest.. so ive dropped that from my list.. and i think this highly deserves the money :) i reckon it would last longer than 6 hours also.. imo anyway
Old 15-02-2010   #11
SuperStaff
Im sure its longer than 6 hours, but its still a movie. Its not a Metal Gear movie though, all you do is literlly odds and ends to keep the movie going.

The only thing that was entertaining to me was the fight scene, it was intense. That and you semi get connected with the characters for the short 15 to 20 minute period. I see the decision making becoming an issue for some people though. You could literlly be done with the demo in 5 minutes if you avoid things and act stupid, aka the way they didnt plan for you to go.

If its a story like Metal Gear ill probably give it a go, but IDK if ill be buying it.
Old 15-02-2010   #12
PCN Senior
metal gear story was ok.. but you can tell easily whats going to happen i though.. and it wasnt that it had a great story.. it just had so many stunning cutscenes.. which made the not so epic story more grabbing.. imo dont get me wrong though i love mgs4.. i just think its the wrong thing to compare it to..
Old 15-02-2010   #13
SuperStaff
Well people get ticked off at it cus its basically a bunch of cutscenes and little gameplay. So thats why I compared it.
Old 16-02-2010   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
personally $60 for heavy rain doesnt represent much bang for my buck when Bad Company 2, GOW3, Super Street Fighter 4 and Red Dead Redemption are around the corner.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010   #15
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
ive gave the battlefield demo a good 2 hour or so go earlier, and i still dislike what i see to be honest.. so ive dropped that from my list.. and i think this highly deserves the money :) i reckon it would last longer than 6 hours also.. imo anyway
Yeah it's a lot longer than 6 hours, plus there are multiple endings and the dialog changes with every choice you make. I've literally been replaying each scene to see what will happen if I tried something different.

Also the story is really good, and really pulls you in, more than any other game I can think of.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010   #16
PCN Senior
my thing with battlefield is, the edges are still jaggy around everything(in the demo) and althought it has a nice shine and stuff.. im all for the heavy movement feel which people call clunky.. but you have to stop sprinting to strafe right or left? .. i love the sound effects though..

@shak yeah i agree :)
Old 16-02-2010   #17
PCN Addict
I haven't played the BC2 demo yet. I still need to download but I do have it on pre-order. So now reading your comments EN7 I'm a little concerned.
Old 16-02-2010   #18
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
I haven't played the BC2 demo yet. I still need to download but I do have it on pre-order. So now reading your comments EN7 I'm a little concerned.
alot of people like it.. i just get frustrated at the little thing, like not being able to strafe a direction while sprinting lol.. i didnt find the demo much different from the beta.. run 850972496 miles to die
Old 16-02-2010   #19
SuperStaff
I actually feel the demo improved alot (off topic) I mean spawning is much better now within squads, so your not really sprinting that far. Vehicles respawn quicker so you can just catch a ride. And the spawn points are closer together in this map, so even if you get stuck at a home point your not really running that far.
Old 16-02-2010   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Yep, I wasnt that impressed by the beta but the demo has affirmed that I will be picking the game up at some point.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote