Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-05-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: wojo10
Signing in to PSN

Since updating my PS3 to the new 3.30 update I have had a problem signing into PSN. I don't have it set to automatic sign-in so have to initiate it myself.

One of three things then happen, either it takes forever and I get the message to check my internet connection, I get signed in normally or I get signed in but my friends list doesn't get loaded and then I get a message that there was a problem and I get signed out.

Are others having this same problem? Should I inform Sony or do you thing they already now about this?
wojo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #2
Staff
I had a similar problem a while ago, but I don't think it was specifically related to a firmware update. The way I fixed it was to set the IP address on your PS3 and input your DNS servers into the PS3. You will then connect to the internet and PSN much much faster, at least that was my experience.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #3
"The New Guy"
Really? My connection is very good but I'll give this a try anyways. Since I'm doing that I might as well forward some ports as well.
Old 07-05-2010   #4
Staff
Let me know if it works!
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #5
"The New Guy"
Pulling out my networking notes I noticed that I had scratched down a static IP for the PS3 before but had just forgotten about it. Going back into my settings I noticed that it had been reset, strange but I have had the situation where after an update my theme has been reset so it might have been that.

I went in and set it up manual and tested it out but again it took quite a bit of time. I'll be trying the port forwarding (it can't hurt) so see if that does anything else.

Will post here if I notice any difference.