Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-03-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Look at GameStop's New Idea

If there junk store brand accessories weren't enough for you, GameStop has gone one step further and through a partnership with Recharged has come with the "SuperCharged" PlayStation 3.

So what's the difference between the "SuperCharged" console and your normal run of the mill PS3. Well for starters, it's a refurbished console, not a new one, comes with a lightning skin, 500GB hard drive, a USB hub with card readers (with built in IR port to use the included remote), charging stand for two controllers, HDMI cable and a 1 year warranty (presumably through GameStop). And the price of entry for this console, $399.99.

Personally I wouldn't touch this from a mile away, 1. I have no control over what hard drive goes into the console (Western Digital), so in my case I would still probably swap it out for a Samsung, 2. It's refurbished and considering my track record with the PS3, not a chance in the world would I take a chance on refurbished, 3. If I wanted the extra stuff I could buy a 160GB bundle PS3 (includes Killzone 3) from Amazon for $299.99, buy a controller charging PS3 stand that includes Move charging for $30, HDMI cable for $8 and the hub/card readers for $12 from Newegg. So for $350 the only thing I'm missing is 500GB of hard drive space but you can get a 500GB drive for $50-70 if you really want the space.

So by my way, I get a free copy of Killzone 3, the normal 1 year warranty from Sony and if I upgrade the hard drive, a free 160GB hard drive for whatever I want for an extra $20 at most. Poor show GameStop.
Old 18-03-2011   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that doesn't really look to interesting, I doubt I'd buy it too
Old 18-03-2011   #3
Staff
Well, you gotta give credit where credit is due, parents who have no clue about gaming systems will definitely fall for this one, especially if they get the marketing spiel from the Gamestop employees.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Oh I don't doubt that, just seeing the clueless people who walk into the electronics department at the place I work for never ceases to amaze me. You could literally tell them almost anything and they would believe you/buy whatever you recommend, hence how GameStop is able to sell so much ****. Fortunately/unfortunately I don't actually work in electronics there, so I don't directly deal with these people but it's happened more than once where I do help them out.
Old 19-03-2011   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah i saw this the other day and thought it was a complete joke and didnt really think about that is actually more expensive in a way than just buying the system
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
You gotta admit, while stupid to us, its an extremely smart idea by them.

At first glance its like "wow thats a lot of stuff" and yeah for us right away we know its not worth it. Yet like stated parents walk in and see a killer deal.

Not only that but people on the fence about it or dont really research it right away need to fight off the employees too. I personally could sell this package to the average customer in a heart beat. Now imagine people actually trained to do it.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote