Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-01-2010   #21
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well in a stroke of good luck I have the original Sims game running beautifully on my laptop now running Windows 7 x64 with 4 out of 6 expansion packs installed, I do own the others I just don't feel like installing them since they contain content I don't really care about. I'm also waiting for a Sim City 4 Collector's Edition to become available since it's $24.99 and I've heard good things about it.

Halo and Gears of War I actually now have access to, despite my best efforts my sister didn't cave, kept the 360 as her Christmas present and has since bought or received 3 Halo games, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and 5 other games (3 of which I already own for the PlayStation 3, the two I don't own being Battlefield: Bad Company and the Bourne Conspiracy) so I don't think I'll buy PC versions of Gears or Halo until I at least try the XBOX versions and even then due to my limited gaming budget and the amount of PS3 games I'm wanting to buy that are coming in the next few months I think PC games are once again going to the bottom of my priority list of games to buy.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 07-01-2010 at 02:35 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #22
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
at least u have some games working on your PC now
man when u get to try Gears of War, would u mind telling me if I should get it
Old 23-01-2010   #23
PCN Master
Well as an update, despite constant looking I have yet to be able to find a SimCity collection I can get my hands on, Amazon.ca doesn't sell it, Best Buy claims it's in stock online at stores near me but after walking 40 minutes to the nearest store I find out their website is completely wrong and no store has a copy and Futureshop only sells SimCity 4 without the expansion pack for $9.99 which is a rip-off as the SimCity Box which includes SimCity Societies, an expansion for Societies, Sim City 4 and Rush Hour and a few other things only costs $19.99.

Crysis and Gears of War are similar stories, I haven't seen a copy yet I could buy and Halo is far too expensive plus as I mentioned before I can play the games, just not when I'm at college since they are back at home.
Old 17-04-2010   #24
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ArmyOfNewbs
I'd offer you a pretty good site that you can get these for free but due to the rules of this site I currently can't post that website here. Talk to me on a different ground and then I'll tell you. But if you are planning to buy, and are willing to pay $15 a month, World of Warcraft, or Warhammer Online is your best bet. If you aren't willing to pay $15 a month, Crysis is your best bet.
3. Little Big Planet
4. Killzone 2
5. GTA:Vice City (HATE ME)
''PS3, It only does Everything..Except play PS2 games.'' <.< Not sure where I saw that quote.
GrantedAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010   #25
PCN Master
I don't download anything I can still purchase legally on physical media (and the stuff I do I'll buy it if it becomes available in physical media), PC games included. I want to own the real, physical copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well as I mentioned before, I'm not an MMORPG fan (although I should have mentioned I just plain don't like RPG games, my mistake)
Also as I previously mentioned in this thread and as shown in the above quote I don't do MMORPG's or RPG's in general so Warcraft and Warhammer are both games I would never consider. Crysis is still in the air for me, the cheapest I can get it is still over $30 and with several PlayStation 3 games on the way I can't see me buying it in the near future, the PC gaming budget in general is pretty much $0 for me. Thankfully my computer doesn't go unused thanks to Premiere, Photoshop and Flash CS4 otherwise the computer I currently use would have been complete overkill.
Old 18-04-2010   #26
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ArmyOfNewbs
Ah, thats to bad. I recently quit World of Warcraft for the simple fact that I have no time for it. But I did get a nice deal for my account. $300. But anyways, Splinter Cell:Conviction for the PC is what you have to look forward too.
3. Little Big Planet
4. Killzone 2
5. GTA:Vice City (HATE ME)
''PS3, It only does Everything..Except play PS2 games.'' <.< Not sure where I saw that quote.
GrantedAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010   #27
"The New Guy"
The Sims 3
onlyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #28
PCN Master
Well just as a quick update, I haven't picked up any new PC games yet as the PS3 keeps getting all of my gaming budget but I do play on getting The Orange Box for PC as long as I can get it on disc for $20 and Crysis is still in the pipeline as well.
Old 12-08-2010   #29
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Well Ive been getting into PC gaming, since the dry spell for consoles right now...well it sucks. Anyways.

-Gears of War, FINALLY got to play it and I LOVE it. Really wish the game was on PS3, but playing it on PC is godly. I wish they had the second one on PC also, but I dont believe it is? Then again finding a copy of the first one on PC is a huge pain in the ass also.

-Crysis is "Ok" I guess. It looks pretty, just wasnt interesting to me and the gameplay was bland. Also even top of the line computers will suck balls at playing the game, it hardly runs on mine. Its annoying because its not "that" beautiful, so i dont know why it takes so much effort from a computer.

-The Sims 3 is fun as heck. It runs great, and I love how the whole neighborhood is alive and doing things while you play around at your own sims house. The only thing that sucks is they kept the life meter in this one, I couldnt stand it in Sims 2. Then if you have multiple houses with differnt families things get weird cus you cant control both.

-Mass Effect is a must play by any gamer. I love it, its Bioware at its best, just like Dragon Age. Defo gonna get the second one, and I hope the third goes to PS3 cus I rather play it on my TV.

-Starcraft 2 was a huge disapointment. Looks just like the first one, and takes RTS games absolutely no where. They didnt innovate anything, and if your not an avid Starcraft player you will get you ass handed to you online.

I dont know what other games Ive picked up for PC, but im still looking for some I want to play.

Oh and ive had Orange Box on my PC, but I also got it on PS3. I hate Valve because of it, the games are just so bland and boring to me. Like Portal was fun, i liked the idea, but it lasts maybe a few hours. Then Half Life is interesting for like 15 minutes, then its boring as hell.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #30
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Its annoying because its not "that" beautiful, so i dont know why it takes so much effort from a computer.
Because Crysis never took good advantage of the hardware most people had, so it requires ridiculously high powered components to run at full blown details, found out my computer can only handle medium settings on that game and then it's pushing it very hard, harder than any other program I've ever used.

Gears of War 2 will never happen on PC though, from what I can dig up it's the usual piracy excuses as to why they won't and frankly now it's far too late for them to release it for PC as anyone who wanted the game most likely has it for 360. Even worse though is for me the original Gears of War on PC is simply not possible to obtain, it costs far too much for me to try and obtain a PC copy as living in Canada makes it even harder since cross border shopping brings in a whole new amount of problems and no domestic retailer has it at a reasonable price which annoys me to no end.

Mass Effect though is something I've briefly looked at but again I can't get a copy, GameStop is selling the original for $17.99 but it's not available in any of the stores nearby and Amazon.ca just doesn't carry the game.

The Orange Box though I more want it because I've played the Half Life 2 demo and to me it's worth spending $20 on when it comes with Portal and Team Fortress 2 as well (although I do own Portal already due to the free giveaway Valve had back when Steam was released for Mac computers).
Old 13-08-2010   #31
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I sure as hell will not be buying a 360 to play Gears of War 2....Not worth it at all, still a decent game though.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010   #32
Staff
Mass Effect 2 is on PC, and it is amazing. So if you don't have a 360, definitely get Mass Effect 2 on PC.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010   #33
PCN Master
Well in an update I've gotten a few new PC games, due to my PS3 being out of commission. One is Left 4 Dead 2 as I got lucky and got the disc copy for the same price as the regular price on Steam, OpenTTD, a free clone of Transport Tycoon, Half Life 2: Deathmatch (free for having an ATI graphics card in my laptop) and Half Life 2: Lost Coast (again free for having an ATI graphics card).