Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-01-2012   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Just got YLOD....

Turned on my PS3 Monday night and played BF3 for about 10min then it froze and shut itself down. When I went to reboot it beeped 3 times and is flashing red....This sucks....So today I put in an online service request from Sony and it costs $129.00....That sucks even more....I don't like how the slim looks....

Does anybody know if they just send you a refurb??? My SKU was the 80GB Motorstorm which came out late 2007.....and had PS2 playback in software...My PS3 is still in very, very good cosmetic condition and I would like it back....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #2
Staff
I believe the way it woks in the US is that they take your console, and then send you a refurbished unit if you ask for the same model. But I've heard that PS3 Slim is actually a new one, though you can call them and ask.

My phat PS3 also died just after playing Skyrim, I managed to get someone to fix it partly and get my save off, but networking and HDMI is still not working.

The slim actually looks a lot nicer in the flesh, so I'd recommend you go for that option. I had heard that it is $99 for a replacement slim now.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #3
PCN Addict
Thanks for the info Shak....We'll see what happens....I just like the glossy black, card readers, and 4 USB Ports....
Old 06-01-2012   #4
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
Thanks for the info Shak....We'll see what happens....I just like the glossy black, card readers, and 4 USB Ports....
Just FYI, I called Sony yesterday and they want ?110 for a like-for-like replacement. I said to the guy, "I thought you don't do 60GB Phat PS3s any more, can't you give me a new Slim?"

He basically said no :(, and I wanted a slim version.
Old 06-01-2012   #5
PCN Addict
Now you're making want a slim....Just dropped mine off with Fed Ex....It's going to Texas....Yeeee---haaaw....
Old 20-01-2012   #6
PCN Addict
Well got my replacement back yesterday...I missed FED Ex on the 1st trip...Had to sign for it....Looks like they gave me a replacement CECHEO1...Not sure if it's a re-furb or not but it looks brand new...Had to peel plastic off of it...

Unfortunately I left my 320GB HDD in mine when I sent it back and they returned a PS3 with a 80GB. So now I have to upgrade...

I was looking around and found a Seagate Momentus XT 500GB Model # ST95005620AS.
Does anybody think this one will work in a PS3??? Looks like it's a Hybrid SSD...
Old 21-01-2012   #7
Staff
Seems like it does, here is a comment by amazon buyer:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Moment...#ROPHEZY632G4U
Old 31-01-2012   #8
PCN Addict
Alright...Sony just shipped me back my 320GB HDD...However, when I installed it and powered up the PS3 wanted to format it...Is there any way possible to get some files off the old HDD...The game saves are not my biggest concern...There are photo's and video that I would like to get off my old HDD...

Any help is appreciated.....
Old 02-02-2012   #9
Staff
Quote:
Alright...Sony just shipped me back my 320GB HDD...However, when I installed it and powered up the PS3 wanted to format it...Is there any way possible to get some files off the old HDD...The game saves are not my biggest concern...There are photo's and video that I would like to get off my old HDD...

Any help is appreciated.....
Unfortunately it's not possible. The data on the drive is encrypted to your old PS3, so if you connect it to a new one, you will always be asked to re-format. Also, if you connect it to a PC, you won't be able to see any data. Unless there is a hack or something that someone has made, it's unlikely that you'll get the data back.
Old 02-02-2012   #10
PCN Addict
Bummmer...thanks Shak....
Old 03-02-2012   #11
PCN Addict
Alright, I've went to a couple of "PS3 hacking" website all which have recommended for me to try a "data recovery" software. Now I went to many of these websites and I found someone who says they can help me. It's a software called "Tenorshare"....Anybody here ever heard of it? I've emailed them back asking are they absolutely sure this will help...
Old 03-02-2012   #12
Staff
Quote:
Alright, I've went to a couple of "PS3 hacking" website all which have recommended for me to try a "data recovery" software. Now I went to many of these websites and I found someone who says they can help me. It's a software called "Tenorshare"....Anybody here ever heard of it? I've emailed them back asking are they absolutely sure this will help...
As far as I can see it is just a generic data recovery software, so it won't work because data recovery software looks for hex values in files, but because it is all encrypted, it won't find anything.